Tuesday, December 31, 2013

How do I tell the person who presented me with a gift card that it has no value on it?

gift for women under 20 dollars
 on ASTRO-THEOLOGY & Sidereal Mythology APPENDIX SIX Kersey Graves ...
gift for women under 20 dollars image



D C


I won a contest for having the best sailor outfit while on a cruise with members of my church. The pastor's wife promoted this contest and I was voted the winner. I was awarded a gift card and a book. When I arrived home, I call the toll free number to check the dollar amount on the gift card so that I would know how much I would have to add to it if needed. When I heard the amount of "zero dollar" balance on the card, I was shocked. How should I approach this matter, or should I just let it be and say nothing?


Answer
I would mention it to her in as polite a manner as possible. This happened to me and I was so glad that the receiver of the gift card finally mentioned it.

My husband and I and two other couples pooled our money to buy a gift card for the daughter of a friend when she got married. We had enough money to get her one of the more expensive items she had registered for, but we three wives couldn't agree on which item to get, so we settled for a gift card. I was the one who picked it up and I paid for it with cash, as that is what the other women had given me. I simply wrote all our last names and a nice message on the enclosed card, and gave it to the little girl who was collecting gifts at the reception.

Imagine my confusion when, three months after the wedding, the bride's stepmother asked me if we had given the card as a joke. It turns out that after they had opened all their gifts, they took the card and picked out some items they had asked for but had not received. I cannot imagine how terrible it must have been for them to be told at the register that the card did not have any balance on it. I know that I, hearing about it later, wanted to crawl under a table and hide :) I dug out my receipt and took it to the store with the gift card. Sure enough, I had the receipt, but the gift card did not have the triple digit balance it was supposed to have. The manager explained to me that because the transaction was a cash transaction, they needed to do a little research, but that they would call me back the next day. The next day she called me and told me that they had had an overage in that exact amount on the day I purchased my card. She was kind enough to mail the card to the bride and groom, who had moved out of state, and she also sent me a $20 gift card for my trouble.

If you get a cold or unfriendly reception from the pastor's wife, it is possible that it isn't just an innocent mistake, and I personally would just let the matter drop. But I cannot believe she would give you a valueless gift card and think that you would not figure it out, so I am sure there must be some other explanation. Let her know about it so she can figure out the problem and get it fixed.

What kinds of generic gifts do men like?




SpitzFire


I need some good gift ideas for men - stuff that any man would like. Just as you can almost always buy bath stuff for women or gift cert to clothes store, what kinds of generic gifts do men like? I'm talking men in the 40+ year old age range. I already have stuff like gift cert to home depot, microbrewery samples etc. Ok guys out there - what kind of generic gift would YOU like to receive? Please try to keep ideas in the $20-$50 range.


Answer
Cologne, nail care kit, pajama pants, gift card to Total Wine and More(or some other upscale alcohol beverage store). I think I would try to stay away from the gift card thing though because it seems like you put less thought into it. Most men love getting manicures even though they don't like to admit it. And pajamas are always a safe way to go and you can get a good brand for under 50 dollars. You can get a great nail care kit for under 50 dollars and every man is diligent about taking care of there nails. Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment