Monday, November 4, 2013

Any positive websites for those with breast cancer?

gift for women with breast cancer
 on Survivor I fight like a Girl breast cancer awarene Long Sleeve Shirts
gift for women with breast cancer image



rrr


I am looking for positive websites for those who have breast cancer- all the ones I find are stories about how this person fought it and died at 41 or along those lines. Or death rates and statistics. Its hard not getting depressed about having the disease when everywhere I look online has my outlook as not good. Does anyone know of more positive sites?


Answer
Well, it would be impossible for any site concerned with cancer to be totally positive. It would be dishonest too - people DO die of breast cancer. There won't be a site that tells you your prognosis is really good if it isn't, but there are sites with stories and experiences from women with a wide variety of breast cancer journeys.

Personally I want to have all the statistics, but I know not everyone's like me in that respect.

If you use breast cancer forums, yes you'll find sad stories of people who've died; but you'll also find posts and stories from people who are still around years after diagnosis. Offhand, the person on breast cancer care's forums I can think of who's been around longest is 18 years post initial diagnosos. I may be wrong, there may be people who've survived longer.

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk
http://www.breastcancer.org

I have to say I found 'Uplift' too upbeat and lightweight. I read it shortly after diagnosis, and it felt as if they were almost telling me breast cancer was a gift, and certainly telling me it wasn't serious.

Is the pink ribbon an international symbol for breast cancer, or is it just American? ?




bby.britty


I have a close family friend in Belgium who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. I am making a care package for her, so I was wondering if the pink ribbon is an international symbol for breast cancer. Also, if you have any ideas for gifts, that would be great.


Answer
How very thoughtful you are!

I believe the pink ribbon has become international.

I work with a group that does "care" packages for women with breast cancer. We include things such as cd's (both Melissa Ethridge and Olivia Newton John have cd's with songs of inspiration that are wonderful) and some "special" small books or cards with a strong message of hope.

I was far away from one of my sisters when she was diagnosed and her favorite thing that I sent was "arms" that I cut out of heavy paper. I sent it with a note that until I could get there myself, here was a hug whenever she needed it. Yeah, I know it sounds childish, but it made her laugh and let her know I was thinking about her.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment