Tuesday, November 12, 2013

When is it acceptable to stop buying gifts for friends?

gift for her birthday friend
 on Best Birthday Gifts For Your Girlfriend  Great Birthday Presents ...
gift for her birthday friend image
Q. For years I have bought fairly expensive gifts for my friends Birthdays, I get the impression that they just expect this now. It happens that I'm never around for my own birthday so it's often forgotten entirely. I don't mind buying gifts, it feels great when they like them but would it be acceptable to start buying smaller things considering I have spent a great deal of time and effort without much in return?


Answer
Unless your friends are poor and you are trying to help them financially, presents are not about how expensive they are! A present is a nice thing as gets people closer to eachother but in no way do they have to be expensive. However, I understand that you don't want to to seem like a shock so I would start by choosing something cheap but witty - something that has some significant meaning to you and your friend's past, something that may seem funny...etc.

You can also give a little time to your present, look for something that is rare although not expensive, or something that you do yourself.

If your friends don't appriciate it, then maybe it's time to look for new friends.

How early should I send a birthday gift to Japan?




a_davis159


I live in Georgia and want to send a birthday gift to a friend in Japan. I'd like for it to arrive on his birthday (January 30th) or as close to it as possible. How early should I send it?


Answer
Tomorrow. Airmail. It can take 3 days to get there, or it can take two weeks..




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment