Tuesday, January 14, 2014

How do I get a label off a glass bottle without compromising its integrity?

gift for her on wedding day
 on Red Roses for Valentine's Day - Red Roses - Valentine's Day Red Roses
gift for her on wedding day image
Q. My husband bought me a bottle of Crystal Champagne as a gift on our wedding day. We drank it on our first-year anniversery and now I'd like to get the label off the bottle and use the label in a scrapbook. How do I go about doing this?


Answer
I have been saving wine labels for a while, and I have not yet found a foolproof method.

These have worked in the past:
1. Hairdryer, melts some glues and does not damage the label.
2. Steam, works a little better than hairdryer, but can make some labels soggy and fall apart.
3. Hot water, first try filling the bottle, but if that does not work, submerge the bottle - downside= see #2.
4. Razor blade and a lot of patience. Get the kind you use to scrape paint off of windows, start at an edge and carefully peel back the label, working the razor underneath to separate the glue from the bottle. This works very well with some, and very badly with others. If it does work, you get the added advantage of still having glue on the back of the label, so it goes nicely into a scrapbook.
5. There are commercial wine label removers that you can find through Skymall. I have heard they work, but I have never tried them. They go on over the label and when you peel them off, the label comes with.

Good luck.

What are interesting/traditional japanese gifts for a sister to give to her brother on his wedding day?




Rou


My brother and his fiance are tying the knot this July. They are having a pseudo-japanese style wedding. The entire family is helping out, and making them a thousand paper cranes to be strung up on their big day. So, (being tragically mexican, and not really knowing much about the culture) I was wondering if there is anything you'd see a sister/sibling give their brother on his wedding day? A small favor, or maybe a kind gesture? Even if it isn't traditional, do you have any interesting ideas?


Answer
I live in japan at the moment and the MOST traditional gift would be money! Lol but everything I think of as a gift is practical. Like things from a registry. Maybe you could find a nice tea set or cool chopsticks?




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment