Thursday, January 16, 2014

What are some really good, NOT funny, cheap or gag white elephant gifts for an office christmas party?

gift for women at 50
 on 50th Birthday Gifts For Women | Birthday Gifts Corner
gift for women at 50 image



Mo


My office is having a Christmas party next week and we are doing the white elephant gift exchange and I can't think of anything to get. The limit is $20. Oh and also keep in mind that I work in an office full of women (ages 18-50) and there is only ONE male, the boss who is 30.

Thanks so much for all your help :)



Answer
"White Elephant" with a spending limit? You aren't supposed to spend anything on a white elephant gift. I think your office is confused on the term.

Pick a nicer item from your home that you don't want anymore and probably would have eventually sold at a garage sale or given to charity, like a candle, vase, nick knack, etc.

What was memorable about your 50th birthday?




grin and b


I'm looking for ideas on what to do for a group of women turning 50 in the next 6 months. We have been best friends forever and none of us live remotely close anymore. If anyone here can suggest something, I would be grateful for your imput. We could travel somewhere to meet..., then what?


Answer
Well, the most fun I had on the 50th Birthday -- my special someone called me the night before (and yes, REMINDED me several times -- teasing that I have hit the BIG number ... (he is 5 years older than I am)), and talked and talked, made me laugh, enjoyed the conversation, the quick and witty remarks, and the 'entertaining' photos that were e-mailed ...

(and yes, you can morph the photos in several photo editing programs ... just use your creativity -- make clowns, make them have silly hats on their heads, add captions that capture their personality, etc)

Then the DAY that the person (me) turned 50 ... the special someone called once again ... and serenaded me with "Happy Birthday" ... more quick and witty remarks, lots of making me laugh, more teasing through e-mails, etc ...


For that day -- I went to get my photos done .. they were fun (I had makeup done, had my hair done, etc), shopped a bit too (and if they like something slightly sexy -- try a new fragrance or a gift certificate to some shop that they would enjoy) ...

Just have fun! You don't have to travel to see them on their 50th -- just have fun with E-Mails, phone Calls, Creativity through Photo Morphing, and (if it can be afforded) gift certificates for pampering). You know, a "Catch up and Have Fun" (girl fun!) time ... for sure!

There is nothing like getting some glam treatment, some new photos, some photo morphing (for the creative types), and some special times shared with laughs that make for a fantastic 50th Birthday!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment