Wednesday, December 4, 2013

How do I file the sale of an inherited home on my 2012 tax returns?

gift for her 2012
 on The girl who's older than her mother: Teenager who ages prematurely ...
gift for her 2012 image



candigirl


I am confused as to whether it is income, a gift, etc. I don't know if I paid federal taxes on the sale of the home. I really do need to use the proceeds as income on my returns. How exactly would I do this? Or can I? We took I loss on the appraised value but we did receive proceeds... Please Help!!!


Answer
When was it appraised? If you're talking about the tax assessment, lthat's irrelevant.

Your taxable gain is only and appreciation between the time you inherited it and when you sold it, so if you sold it soon after inheriting it, there's likely no gain by the time you figure in a realtor's commission.

You still report the sale, though.

If you had it for awhile and either lived in it or rented it out, rules are different.

Can anyone tell me how to add a Target gift card to my wedding registry?




Crystal Ro


I can't add a gift card to my registry like I can add other items. What do I do to add these?
I did that but the option to buy isn't showing up when people go to the registry.
It's very common place and even courteous to add gift cards to a registry. It's not like I'm asking for cash.

What's tacky is to be completely and utterly unhelpful just for the sake of being snide.



Answer
Log in to your Target account, go to your registry settings, and under "About our registry," you can click the box that says "TargetGiftCards," which then allows people to buy them directly off your registry in any amount.

Edit- AHHH I hate people on this site!! You're right, it's MUCH tackier to answer questions just be to rude. I have yet to look at one registry and not see gift cards, it's 2012- it's not considered tacky anymore. What is it with people here who feel their opinion is better than everyone else's and NEEDS to be stated?

Anyway, for your problem, I would try going into Target soon and looking up your registry there. If the gift card option is not available, let the person behind the service desk know and they should be able to correct it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment