Saturday, December 21, 2013

Do I really have to give a gift for every occasion I am invited to?

gift for her who has everything
 on me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have ...
gift for her who has everything image



One amongs


I feel that gift giving has gotten out of hand. It seems like you have to give a gift for everything now; weddings, birthdays,Christmas, graduations, showers, celebrations, christenings, now births, good grades, retirement, etc. Seems everything requires a gift. It's greedy to expect a gift all the time. Some things I understand like a wedding or a birthday. But I hate being expected to buy a gift all the time. Yet, I feel like I am being rude if I don't. How come we have to reward everyone for everything? Gifts are meant to be something special or given for a very special occasion. They are meant to be an afterthought, not to be expected.


Answer
I think it's wrong of people to expect gifts for everything. I understand baby showers, but if I bought a gift for a baby shower, why should I buy another gift for the birth?

Only buy gifts for events you feel a gift is necessary or when you feel moved to buy a gift (sometimes I do just because, but only for people with whom I'm very close). If you feel a little bit guilty, a card will suffice.

Can someone please translate this into cantonese chinese?




fuzziness


I need to write a letter in traditional chinese, so I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help. The letter goes as is:
Thank you so much for all the generous gifts. Everything was so thoughtful, and really touched my heart. I truly always feel so grateful and blessed to receive your unconditional generosity and kindness. And thank you always for your concerns over my health. Even with the change of seasons, I hope everything is going very well for you! I really miss you a lot, and hope we can meet again soon one day, as I always welcome you to visit me in California! I wish you health and happiness always. Thank you.



Answer
é常æè¬ä½ çææè±åç禮åãä¸åé½æ¯é£éº¼å¨å°ï¼ççå¾æåæçå¿ãæçç總æ¯è¦ºå¾å¤ªæè¬åç¥ç¦ä½ ç¡æ¢ä»¶çæ·æ¨ååè¯ãæè¬ä½ ç¸½æ¯å°ä½ çé注æçå¥åº·ãé¨èå­£ç¯çè®åï¼æå¸æä¸åé½é²è¡å¾é常é å©ï¼çºä½ ï¼æççå¾æ³å¿µä½ äºå¾å¤ï¼å¸ææåå¯ä»¥åè¦é¢ä¸ä¹çä¸å¤©ï¼å çºæé¨ææ­¡è¿ä½ ä¾æ¢ææå¨å å·ï¼æç¥ä½ å¥åº·å幸ç¦æ°¸é ãè¬è¬ã

Edit: not all the text gets her. Look http://bit.ly/YBwSkM




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment