Saturday, February 8, 2014

Would you add "No gift necessary" on high school graduation announcements?




Mary Ellen


There are some people who you send announcements to that it's OK if they send a gift (like close family), but there are others that we'd just like to send one to but don't want them to feel obligated to send a gift or think that's the reason we're sending the announcement. If you mention "No gift necessary" does it make them assume that you're thinking of gifts?

This might not really fit in the Financial Aid category, but having a senior in high school I've done my share of researching financial aid lately so I thought this would be a good audience to answer my question.



Answer
I personally wouldn't mention anything about a gift. Most people understand that announcements are sent out just to share the joy to everybody else (just like when baby announcements are sent out) but it doesn't mean hey send gifts please. When those announcements are sent out you'll have some people who will go buy a gift (no matter what you put on that announcement) just because there excited and proud. At the same time you'll have others who may send a card saying congratulations but probably nothing else and some may not even do that.

I just don't think most people would assume oh gotta send a gift just because they received an announcement. And if your really worried than add on the announcements 'just to let you know' or something similar or stick a small note in it saying that as well but I would never mention the word gift. I am really strongly against using the word gift on anything because I feel like it makes people sound greedy (even if they are saying don't send a gift) because then its like oh I was expected to send a gift and that person may never have wanted to. A gift is a gift and should never be expected so refraining from using the word at all allows those people to make their own choices on it.

high school graduation gifts for guys?




Dontspeakl


I was invited to a lot of parties for my friends who are graduating this year. I was invited to this guys who I kinds know a little. Like towards the end of the school year we started talking a lot, but its not like we have hung out outside of school or anything. I have a tiny stupid little crush on him. I want to give him something good for graduation. BUT I dont have a whole lot of money and I dont want it to seem like I tried too hard. -he runs track, hes going to duquesne, and he used to live in Pittsburgh pa and has like tons of pride in it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.


Answer
you don't have to get him anything. he's not your boyfriend, and you guys just started talking. If you graduated from high school and he got invited to your party, he probably wouldnt buy you anything b/c you aren't together and you don't have a tight friendship. But if you absolutely have to get him something, get him a gift card to like walmart or target, no more than $20. that will help him get some stuff for school, and you won't lose out on any real $ or time if he doesn't talk to you anymore after he goes to college.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment