Friday, February 7, 2014

Gift for 40th bday party at woman's house?




seven


How much would you spend for a gift?
Not very close. Is anything less than $50 gift card too little?



Answer
No - that is not too little - it is too much if you ask me! Adults usually don't expect gifts from the friends invited to help them celebrate. If you wanted to take flowers or some nice chocolates as a kind gesture on her b-day that's great but it really is not necessary.


Having said that - maybe you could ask someone else going to the party if they are bringing a gift (and use that as a guide) if it makes you feel more comfortable.

Fashion question for stylish women 40+ (or their daughters)?




BB


My mom is a really amazing woman, but she wears mom jeans! I've tried to loan her some of mine, but they look a little too trendy, not to mention they're too long for her.

So, if any of you stylish women can give me some brands or styles of flattering, classic, non-trendy jeans, I would appreciate it! I'd like to get her some for her birthday, so be as specific as possible.



Answer
I think I know what you mean by mom jeans: high waisted, tapered leg jeans? Makes you look like your all butt and shaped like an apple on a stick?
Look for styles that are mid or lower rise on the waist (not too low, yuk), and boot cut or slightly flare. Being a mom, 40+, I like stretch denim. Old Navy and Levi make stretch denim that looks like the real thing. It gives you a snug look, but you still get the comfort. My favorite pair came from Old Navy, and I can wear them with everything, and my teenaged daughter is not embarrased by the way I'm dressed. I also have capris in the same lower waisted, stretch style, and one of teens at church came up and said "I love your capris, I have the exact same ones." High praise coming from a 17 yr old.
You may have to give your mom a gift card and then go shopping with her so she can try them on. Make a day of it, you know, shopping, then lunch or something: she'll love it.
Good luck




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment