Monday, February 3, 2014

Gift for your bridesmaids?




Rosie-doll


I am a bridesmaid in a wedding in about a month. The bride asked me the other day what she should get us as gifts, and I busted out laughing since generally it's a 'surprise'. LOL. Anyway I told her that jewelry to wear during the wedding is generally what you get but she said she did buy us earrings but they were cheap and not enough to be considered a 'gift'. I told her not to worry but she still asked for my advice, so I think she's having trouble coming up with something.

I think she wants (and I'm sure we do too, since some of us have been in multiple weddings lately) to get us something 'different' or 'unique'....so not the normal stuff.
I happen to use wristlets all the time and suggested that she could get us wristlets with our names embroidered...but I don't know how much that would cost or if the other girls would even like it.
So what are some gifts you've gotten your bridesmaids that they seemed to really like or if you've been a bridesmaid and gotten an awesome gift, what was it?

She's not planning on spending a ton of money I"m sure so ~30ish dollars would be a good starting point. I've embarked on a search on Etsy in the meantime.
Thanks!!
So jewlry, wine/champagne glasses, flasks...etc. are out.
Man, that river rock idea is sooo cool! I'm jealous of you.
The basket idea too....good stuff.

I'll mention the 'individualistic' gift idea to her, but not sure that will go over....they both work full time and have a young daughter so she may not have time to think about individual gifts for everyone by the time the wedding rolls around. Especially since she's just now starting to think of it! =D
I actually did tell her stuff I specifically would want -- in jest, a little.



Answer
The best gifts I have ever gotten for being in weddings were always the gifts given by brides who didn't try to do the matching gifts nonsense and just got us stuff they knew we would like.

For example, when I was in my oldest brother's wedding, we all got the same basic thing, a necklace with a rock from the lake my brother met his wife at, BUT the bride made them all to each of the bridemaids individual styles. So I got a necklace with a black rock on a bad ass industrial looking chain, another bridesmaid got a copper colored rock on a delicate silver chain, and so on. In other weddings I've gotten books I've been meaning to read, CDs, gift cards to Game Stop, all stuff the bride knows I actually LIKE. The other girls all got stuff that matched their tastes and interests as well.

suggestions for baby shower gifts ?




Blogs_123


i have been invited for baby shower...and would like to see what gift should i take there? Any help/hints would be useful...


Answer
Etsy has some cute handmade gifts. Specifically, I got the organic Sam hat from this person's store: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6422389&order=&section_id=&page=1

It's soft and looks adorable on my friend's baby. If you are close friends or relatives, you may want to get something more expensive than a hat, though. I also saw and Ipood tshirt that made me crack up laughing (but I don't remember where I saw it).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment