Saturday, February 8, 2014

Wedding gifts $50 and under?




~xOx~ pRin


We only have today to buy the gift at the mall.
My friend and I are going to a wedding. It's the wedding of our Admissions Officer. We are still in college and pretty poor. So we are buying a gift together on a $50 budget. Any ideas?



Answer
Wow, did you get some good answers!

People understand that you are students on a budget. I'm sure they will appreciate whatever you give them. I would also assume that you would not be extremely close with this person (however I could be wrong).

Gift cards or plain old money is always a safe bet (unless your/ their culture has some sort of 'tradition' rule regarding not giving cash as a gift;I have heard of that believe it or not).

Cash is great because it is always appreciated and easily used for whatever the couple needs.

I also really like the serving platter or towels idea. If you get them in plain white, they should match any decor. And I know that I can always use another really nice platter or towel set for company!

Generally, avoid photo albums, wine glasses, etc. Couples often already have loads of these items, and guests often will give them multiples on top of that. We still have 2 sets of glasses still in boxes in our basement because we have nowhere else to put them in our kitchen! Unless you know they need them, avoid the 'mistakenly classic' wedding gifts!

Have fun!

Good gifts for mothers day? Under 50$. ?




Will


Hi. I need some good gifts or a gift that are 50$ or under. She is an interior designer, loves daisies and pink. I would prefer to buy from eBay or amazon. Thanks!


Answer
The best gift i ever gave my mother was a lovely crystal dinner bell and a redeemable coupon book I made up for her. The coupons were: Breakfast in bed, homemade soup and salad lunch or dinner, a homemade cake, super cleaning of my room, super cleaning of the bathroom, a vacuum of the living room, etc. She was told to ring the bell and redeem the coupon. She also used it to call us for dinner. It was a beautiful bell etched glass and remembered fondly over the years.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment