Friday, February 7, 2014

Gift ideas for (Jewellery)?




ColourMeAl


This is a little different than you're average present..

See.. i met a girl online a few years ago who lives in Canada and i live in England. We basically fell in love with each other and visited each other multiple times..

but Im looking for a gift, preferably jewellery, something that we can both wear if possible.

Im looking anywhere up to £200

any ideas and URL's would be greatly appreciated.



Answer
Just buy any type of jewel...girls go crazy for expensive gifts

Re-gifting an exes jewelry. Why is it weird?




Mike A


Alright, so I have been single for a while now. Years, in fact. I have friends who have kids, and I have been single longer than those kids have existed. (it's by choice).

By this point, my ex has been long gone. I've given Back or gotten rid of every reminder of her, and often go weeks or months without even thinking about her. When I do, it's because someone else has mentioned her. That should demonstrate how over her I am. Like, I've forgotten her name a few times.

So there's this jewelry. Beautiful moonstone, with silver detail. Let's just say that its construction is something sacred to my faith, though its not a religious symbol. Hard to explain... I bought this jewelry from a jeweler, who made the pieces (necklace and two matching earrings) from hand and they are gorgeous. They probably wouldnt be valuable enough to sell, and I'd never want to see them go to scrap or into the trash. So I've tried to give them away. Never to a girl I was dating. But just to friends. I've had several girls interested, and are excited at the thought of them, even mentioning that they have outfits it would go great with. Then they ask me where I got the jewelry. I'm not gonna lie, so I tell them. Then they get almost offended. Suddenly this jewelry gains a "white elephant" status. They always give me a polite but firm, if not curt apology, put the jewelry back in it's box and hand it back.

One friend actually suggested I just toss them, but we've already covered that. They are beautiful, and I bought them. She wore them like once, then forgot about them.

So, my question to you, the answerer: what's going on here, in these girls minds. Why don't they want this obviously pre owned jewelry? Why is 'who owned it before' so important? Should I just lie about where it came from?

10 points if I can tell that you read my question, and have presented the best info/insight.



Answer
I know you mean offering the jewelry as a compliment or acknowledgement of friendship, but you may inadvertently be insulting your friends. To many women, a gift matters because you like her enough to want to do something nice for her. Giving away something you don't want any more, no matter how beautiful or valuable it is, is something good for you, not for her. It lacks the unselfish element that usually accompanies a gift.

You might have better luck if you approach the situation as what it is, her doing you a favor. Explain that you bought the jewelry for someone who is no longer in your life and that it's going to waste sitting in the box. Tell her you'd like for it to be worn and appreciated and ask if she'd do you the favor of giving it a good home. Once you frame it that way, the gift should be more acceptable.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment