Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Birthday gift ideas for 16 year old kid?




Boyd


I am turning 16 on the 11th of April and I do not know what to ask for from my parrrents. If you can think of anything let me know.

Nothing too expensive because money is pretty tight right now.



Answer
Well if you like electronic gadgets such as lightsavers (Star wars etc), many places carry them.

Or if you like lounging on the couch watching your fav movie, why not ask for a soft fleece and pillow set. They normally go for $20 and last forever.

If your a music kind of kid, you could look for those mp3 clips which are quite low cost around $20.

We do carry a unique cute birthday card which will sing you happy birthday on your TV for $3 but unless you love cartoons and pets, chances are it might be out of your age range. We do know of teenage girls buying Shi our kitten because she is sassy.

Finally, you might try some Jewelry as it is your 16th. You can get silver bracelets for a low cost. Just make sure they say 925 (real silver).

Since I did not know if you were a boy or girl, I just worked round about. If you are into books be sure to contact us, we will send you a personalized bookmark.

How do you turn down a birthday cake gift for your kid?




_


My mother in law ordered this cake (from her boss who also makes cakes on the side) for her daughter last month and served it at her b-day party. Everyone said how good it was and moist. It was awful and dry! I think they were lying, trying to be polite. I didn't say anything.

My mother in law wants to order a cake for my daughter's b-day which is next week. She's turning one. I told my husband I'm making cupcakes and we're not having a party. Now I feel like my mother in law is trying to control how I want to do things as a parent (She's done this many times before and really pushed my buttons!). My husband never says anything because she's just being nice by offering. He will never tell her no. I do not want to take a cake for my daughter who will not eat much herself and I will not eat any (like I said, it was gross!). I will still make cupcakes for my daughter and we'll sing and light a candle. We're not having a party or family celebration. I was going to take her to Chuck E Cheese to play games and watch the show (with my husband, no one else). His mother always has a party for every kid ,every year. I wasn't raised like this. So how do I get my husband to tell his mom, "No party, no cake, please!"???
The reason I say she's controlling is because normally you only have one cake or cupcakes for your birthday and the parents supply that at the party (if you're having one). The grandparents have no right to start making things and bringing them creating some sort of "party" or get together that the parents hadn't intended upon. Yes, the gesture seems nice, but it isn't. She also forcibly decided to buy a walker until I told her I couldn't accept it for my child. Instead I recommended a safer toy and she hasn't bought the toy yet, but she did mention that we shouldn't buy it because she's buying it for my daughter's birthday. Now who's controlling who????!!!!!!



Answer
I agree with min72. Tell her you're already planning cupcakes. If she sends you a cake anyway, then take a picture with the cake and your daughter in it and then throw the cake away. She won't be there anyway, so how will she know. Even better - set the cake in front of your daughter and let her go to town on it. The pictures will be precious memories (and an inside joke for you) and oh no, she ruined her cake, no one wants to eat that!
It sounds like there are other issues at work here though. You aren't including anyone but your husband in your daughters birthday. I'm sure other people care and might want to be included. Perhaps this is your m-i-l's way of trying to include herself in the big day. Perhaps a better solution would be to tell her to keep the cake at her house and you'll come over to celebrate the birthday there with her since you've already made cupcakes to celebrate at home with just the immediate family. This will include her. Perhaps your husband is being a pushover with his mother, or perhaps he's not completely onboard with the "no party no family" at my daughters birthday. Maybe he is biting his tongue to please you. You say you didn't grow up with parties for every kid every year, but he did. How does he feel about this? Bottom line, just be gracious, even if you have to bite your tongue to pieces. Your daughter will thank you later when she has a loving doting grandmother in her life and your husband will thank you for keeping the peace.

I don't get it. You're upset because you talked her into buying your daughter what you want her to and you're upset about that?




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment