Saturday, May 17, 2014

80th birthday gift?




futurefash


My grandmas 80th birthday is comming up and I am very close to her and although her party invitation said no gifts I still feel the need to get her somthing. I see her at least 3 times a week. She does a lot of sewing and embroidery but she has everything she needs for that. She occasionally bakes. She likes game shows such as Jeopardy, Millionaire, and Wheel of Fortune if that helps at all. She watches QVC a lot. She likes Carol Higgins Clark and Mary Higgins Clark but I think she's read all of their books. The top things she wants are a massager chair and a kitchen aid mixer but those are both too expenseive. Any ideas? This is comming from a 13 year old if that helps.
Joey Starr I like that idea. She loves cheese and I know her favorite kinds that she rarely buys because they are kind of expensive but I would be able to afford it.



Answer
It's hard to buy good stuff for someone knowing they could die of old age soon and someone else will wind up with it. That's why I get edible stuff. Get her some of her favorite candies.

Ideas for a birthday gift for 80 year old lady in Canada from UK?




MissRemors


I have an aunt who will be 80 next month, she lives in Toronto, Canada...I am in UK. I want to send her something about £50 sterlings worth....she has quite expensive tastes...and is the lady with everything! any ideas please?


Answer
Hi, I am a Brit living in Toronto with an 80 year old mother. I would suggest a gift certificate for high tea at the King Edward Hotel. As long as she has some one to take her. (You could take my mum too, just to save me the bother, lol)

here is a site that shows all high tea places in TO,

http://ourfaves.com/f/143216/toronto-High-Tea

(now u have to take my mum)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment