Tuesday, November 5, 2013

How much should I spend on wedding and shower gift for my brother and his fiance?

gifts for her 80th
 on 750ml & Gold Gift Box - Luxury 18th 21st 30th 40th 50th 60th 70th 80th ...
gifts for her 80th image



oatmeal55


My brother's wedding shower is next weekend and his wedding is in a few months.

When friends and cousins get married I usually do $35-$50 for a shower gift and $80-$100 for the wedding gift.

What is appropriate to spend for my brother? I was thinking $65 for the shower and $100 for the wedding. What do most people spend on close family?



Answer
What is appropriate is whatever you can afford to spend without it being a burden to you.

A good gift doesn't have to cost a fortune and just because you are related to someone doesn't mean you HAVE to spend a lot.

I spent probably $25 on the gift I got for my brother and his wife. My mom has this special Tupperware pickle jar that has a strainer that lifts the pickles out of the brine and has a fork built in so you never have to go fishing for the pickles, you just lift the strainer, and stab the pickle with a fork. Every time they saw it, my brother and sister in law would say "we wish we had one of those". So when their wedding shower invite turned up I said "Mom, talk to your Tupperware lady, order one of those pickle jars for me". I wrapped it up with a couple jars of their favorite pickles and for $25, it was easily one of their favorite gifts.

What could be an unusual gift for my best friend?




FRIEND


I have a very nice friend I want to gift her something that is unusual. I don't want to gift her the usual things that we give to our friends on their birthday or on different ocassions so please give some new idea.


Answer
Choosing a gift, remember - itâs not the object you choose that will make pleasure, but the way you present it to the recipient. Let it be a nail, but if you announce, that this will be the last nail in the coffin of your bitterest enemy, this gift will be welcome and remembered in years! What I want to say, presenting gifts takes 80% of creativity, 10% of understanding personâs interests and only 10% of the staff youâll choose to serve you for a present. Use any crazy idea, fill it with positive sense of turn it into a joke, perform the process of offering as a kind of ceremony, and you will be the King of Gifts!

You can invent it a legend to your ordinary gift and make it special. You just offer her a pebble of some unusual shape you picked up during your last vacation? Say, this pebble is so old, it has known dinosaurs and prehistoric men, and it will whisper Her its stories whenever she will have tedious time.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment