Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Ideas for unique gifts from London?




Jennifer


Hi guys,

I will be travelling to London this summer and I am wondering what cool gifts I can bring my friends. I have 5 friends to buy for. I will probably get some Olympic gifts but I'd love to find something that is really English and has some meaning behind it.

I am not really interested in cheap/tacky souvenirs. Thanks for the help.



Answer
When you go and see Buckingham Palace walk round to the left hand side , round to the Queens Gallery . You can visit the gallery if you want to but you dont have to because the shop is at the entrance. Has some gifts you wont find anywhere else related to Buckingham Palace and the Royal Family. Some nice things.

Also the shops at the main galleries and museums eg Tate Britain, The V & A, the National Gallery and others too have quality items for sale.

unique (theatre-y) gift from London?

Q. My cousin's boyfriend will be in London for a couple more weeks and he wants to bring me home (the US) something, but I have no idea what to tell him. I want something unique...not just a stupid t-shirt or a magnet etc. I want something that is meaningful and has a story. Me and him are both really into theatre, so I was thinking of something along those lines...but what?


Answer
Take in a visit to the Globe Theater- replica of Shakespeare's theater- they have a gift shop with shakespeare related things
also when I was there last I donated a small amount of money for the Globe "Trust"( charity) fund and you get a certificate

There is also Theater Museum across from Convent Gardens- they also have a gift shop




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment