Monday, February 17, 2014

i have female pattern baldness.i have had hair transplant.i need more hair.i am 45.any more suggestion's?




kench


I am 45.i have female pattern baldness.i got hair transplant done 2 years ago it covers my front bald spots.i have thinning in other parts.i do not want to undergo one more transplant.any methods to camoflauge


Answer
You may not like this suggestion, but I'm going to offer my advice anyway. Shave your head. I understand this idea may seem ridiculous to you at first blush, because so many women derive much of their esteem from having a full head of hair. I also realize we are not accustomed to seeing women without hair, but I think many women look beautiful without hair. I worked for a woman who had alopecia totalus (she was completely bald). Nevertheless, she is a woman of uncommon character, beauty, intelligence, vision and compassion. She is the principal of gifted and talented elementary school in Denver. I have never worked for another person I admired more. To my knowledge she has never allowed her condition to define her, though I'm sure she has suffered from ridicule throughout her adult life from both the ignorant and the stupid. I acknowledge that it takes a lot of faith and inner strength to abandon what in so many ways marks your femininity, but I encourage you to try. Think of the many women who suffer hair loss because of chemotherapy during cancer treatment yet persevere in the face of such adversity. No, I don't have to walk in your shoes, so you may think my advice cavalier. I assure you I am not attempting to be so. I shaved my head years ago when it was not as common as it is now and I had to deal with a lot of heckling, but I'm happy with my choice. I wish you well!

i just cut all my hair off, and now im upset!?




Mia Drummo


Okay so im under going chemotherapy for lupus, and am losing my hair, so today my mom and i cut it realllly short, its like a guys cut, and its just super short. im very upset now and feeling depressed and ugly, as well to top everything off im on prednisone so im puffy and overweight. what can i do to help me feel better? :(


Answer
Chemotherapy and prednisone can deliver a one-two punch your self-esteem at a time when you're already feeling emotionally and physically exhausted, and losing your hair can just knock you down. The way you feel right now is exactly how so many others have felt. It's why organizations like Look Good, Feel Better were created to help rebuild the confidence of women undergoing chemo. I've pasted the link for them below for you to check out if you wish. They offer complimentary hair and makeup tutorials at locations across the country, and also have a lot of helpful tips and videos on their site.

I felt like a caricature of myself during my first couple of cycles of chemo when I was undergoing physical and mental changes, and frustrated and furious at what felt like a lack of control over my own life. Learning how to take control of what I could was really empowering. There are things that you can do, too. It might seem like a waste of time and money to see a hair stylist when your hair is falling out, but it might make you feel better. Also, there's a chance that you won't lose any more hair, so it would be a worthy investment. The "pixie" cut can be very fashionable with just a little styling. http://www.fabsugar.co.uk/Who-Had-Best-Pixie-Haircut-2010-12472909

You could also explore the possibility of getting a wig. There are organizations that donate them to women undergoing chemo, and some insurance providers will help to cover the cost of a wig if you choose to purchase one yourself. Ones made from real hair are considerably more expensive than the synthetic ones, but tend to be more attractive and comfortable.

This would be a wonderful time to splurge on some makeup. I rarely bothered with it before, but discovered that a bit of blush and lipgloss had the ability to perk up my appearance and mood when I was looking pale and feeling gloomy. I had a fantastic makeup artist at a MAC store teach me how to apply makeup that was flattering and enhanced my features, and hopefully someone will be able to help you as well. If the more expensive makeup is out of your budget at the moment, look on YouTube for tutorials where the "gurus" were using drugstore brands. One of my favorites is Panacea81, a gifted makeup artist who has struggled with a health problem called PCOS that also can cause weight gain and puffiness. http://www.youtube.com/user/panacea81
She has an amazing ability to transform her appearance with makeup, and is wonderful at teaching others how to as well.

You might want to ask your doctor about getting acupuncture to help alleviate some of the side effects with chemo. I'm extremely needle-phobic and was hesitant to give it a try, but it was so highly recommended to me that I decided to swallow my doubts and go for it. I was amazed. Many of the side effects of chemo that I'd experienced before like depression, irritability, insomnia, a poor appetite, and headaches began to vanish. It helped to restore my energy, which in turn enabled me to start exercising and dancing again and get the endorphins pumping through my body. I became myself again. One of my best friends had lupus and went through physical therapy to help him learn new methods for working out when he was in pain. PT is often covered by insurance as well.

Also talk to your doctor about getting a referral to a nutritionist who is trained in working with people who have lupus and are undergoing chemo. Your doctor can send him or her your medical file so the nutritionist can devise an eating plan tailor-made for you.

Start a new project that will allow you to shift your focus from how you look into something you're producing. The act of creating something like art or a photograph allows you to put your emotions to use, and it can be very healing. If you're not into painting or photography, then try something you do like. I'm helping my friend who just relapsed with a type of leukemia to redecorate her room, and it's been a fun and healthy diversion.

Find a reason to laugh every day. Watch videos on Funny or Die or read the Fail Blog, or just hang out with someone who lifts your spirits. Also have someone give a daily hug. It seems silly, but honestly, it does make you feel better.

Best wishes.

~ skylark : )




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment