Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Why do some women have kids just to dump them in daycare?

gift for women turning 60
 on Knit Jones: Bathroom Reno Day #1...in pictures
gift for women turning 60 image



They ca


Now that I have your attention, I have a legit question. Why do people have children just to dump the child off in school once they turn 5 years old? We have these people making judgements about daycare, yet isn't school the same thing? Kids are in school for about the same amount of time. Just think we they get older and are involved in sports/band/choir/etc. How terrible that these children can't spend every second of everyday with their parents.
(note the sarcasm)
Kimberly, see where Isaid note the sarcasm?//I posted this because Ise daycae-bashing question every day. MY ids aren't in daycare but I know parents who have to put their kids in daycare. I've seen people say on here "Oh, those poor childrne have to be away from mommy 8 hours out of the day." Now remind me how many hours a child is in school? Isn't it 7 or 8. Then when they start with sports and then an after school job when they turn 15 or 16, that's even less time with mommy and daddy. Why don't these same people complain about this even though not sending your kid to school is illegal?



Answer
Like Ellie said, thank goodness you were being sarcastic, cause I was very tempted to give you a tongue lashing too! :)

I don't understand why either group, (the SAHM's or the working moms), feel it necessary to insult and put down others for the choice they have made. The comment that people have made, "Why have kids if you are going to have daycares raise the?" is just really rediculous! So basically, without just outright saying it, these people are saying that unless someone is financially able to stay at home with their children and not use a daycare or a private babysitter, then they don't deserve to be a parent. That is very judgemental and just plain hateful. Not every woman has the luxery of falling in love and marrying a man who makes $35-60,000 a year. I married one who only makes about $25,000 and brings home alot less after he pays child support on his children from his ex-wife and insurance premiums on all the kids. I don't think the fact that I didn't marry someone who made alot of money, means that I dont deserve to have children.

What about a woman who is widowed? My best friend was widowed with 2 young children, and had no choice but to work to support her kids. So I guess according to some of these women, she didn't deserve to have the kids, because she ended up having to put them in daycare. Point is, no woman, even these ones that are so freely judgeing working moms, know how their life will turn out and what might happen to them.

I don't know any woman who enjoys dropping her kids off at a daycare in the mornings, I certainly don't. But my husband and I live in an older house, and have had alot of things break, like our hot water heater, pipes, leaking roof. We have not had the money to repair these things outright, so we have had to charge them on a credit card. The motor on my car blew up and it cost over $2,000 to fix it, so again that went on the credit card. I was a SAHM for 18 months, and any unexpected large expense that came up, went on that cerdit card. So, I will be trying to pay all that off for years now. But it was either do that, or go without hot water, or no water, or have no vehicle. Which would have ended up hurting my kids more than me. So I did go back to work, and I do have to take my daughter to a babysitter during the day.

I do not live an extravagant life. I don't go shopping every month, I don't have a Coach purse, we don't have 4 wheelers or motor bikes, we don't go on vacations, we don't eat out every week, I don't buy new clothes for myself on even a monthly basis. If I have an extra money, from working over time or getting a bonus at work, I spend it on my husband or kids, not on myself. I took some extra money I had about 4 years ago, and bought my husband one of those $65.00 do-it-yourself outdoor pond kits, and some cheap 25 cent goldfish to go in it, and helped him make it, for fathers day, and I have had women on here tell me that was an expensive, frivolus expense and that is probably the reason I have to work, cause I am wasting money. I never knew buying my husband a fathers day gift would be considered "wasting money"!

If a mom chooses to work, because she does not want to stay at home at her childrens expense, then I don't think that makes her selfish at all. In fact I think it makes her a loving, wonderful mom. If choosing to stay at home, means that you and your husband have to stretch and skrimp so much with his paycheck, that you find yourself telling your kids "No, you can't have that, we can't afford it." or not taking them out to eat or to the movies occasionally (cause you have to pay the electric bill), not being able to buy them new clothes or toys occasionally (and I don't mean the cheap $2.00 toys at the Dollar Store that fall apart within 3 days) or you just simply have no extra money for "extras", then I do think that the mom staying at home ends up affecting the kids in a not so good way. Sure, they have mommy at home with them all the time, but if they never get the "little extras" that I know most kids would like to have and enjoy, then I think to alot of kids that is not worth it. I have seen stay at home moms, who have to skrimp and save so much that they can't even buy their kid Christmas presents or a Halloween costume. So, how is that fair to the kid?

I realize that not all daycares are great, but their are alot of women who do daycare out of their home. I found a wonderful older lady who watches kids out of her home. She is very inexpensive compaired to daycares, and my daughter learns alot from this woman. At only 2 she was talking as good as a 3 year old, was counting to 20 and could say spanish numbers too. This woman treats my daughter like she is her grandchild, and I never have to worry that she isn't getting wonderful care while I am at work. I don't go out with the girls after work or go shopping when I get off. I immediatly go get my daughter from this woman. I spend every single waking minute away from work with my kids. I do not go out, nor do I ever leave them with a sitter other than the hours I am at work. So I try to make the most of the time I am home with them.

You made a great comparrison, regardless of what others have told you. The moms who think it is better to be a stay at home mom when their kids are young, and who want to judge and insult the moms who use daycare, should homeschool their kids, if they truely feel being at home with them is better.

Why are Muslims running around with three foot long swords, ready to kill a woman over a teddy bear?




curious_in


No wonder these people should NOT have nuclear weapons!
BlahBlah - That hurt.



Answer
It's straight from the Koran . . . these people are certifiably insane:

==============================================

Bukhari:V4B52N260 âThe Prophet said, &aci

No comments:

Post a Comment