Sunday, June 1, 2014

Gift for a 40th surprise birthday?




spintool


I've always been of firm belief that adults don't give other adults birthday presents, except maybe a joke gift. But the guy's wife (my wife's cousin) has made it known gifts are expected. I think its rude, and I refuse to attend unless we don't bring a gift. My wife is mad and wants to buy a real gift and go. What do people think?


Answer
Just buy a gift a go. If not for them, for your wife. If this is effecting your personal life, it's not worth it to keep fighting it. Your wife's happiness is way more important than your rude friend.

But for the record, I totally agree. I think it would be incredibly rude to expect someone to bring presents to a party for an adult.

However, on the other hand, it is a "milestone" party and perhaps they dont usually have birthday parties or require gifts at the party?
Just a thought.

Any ideas of unique 40th birthday gift for him?




Lyns


My partner is coming up for 40 this year. He enjoys watching football ( Glasgow Celtic) he likes playing golf but not a member any where. I want something different but not overly expensive as we're expecting a baby and il be on maternity leave.


Answer
a funny gag gift you fill a vase with small candy like jelly beans or a mug with Styrofoam then stick 40 lolly pops in with a little tag that says " 40 SUCKS" IT'S CUTE & FUNNY.
http://puertabella.blogspot.com/2010/04/40-sucks.html




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment