Monday, June 2, 2014

My cousin is having her college graduation party this Saturday what kind of gift should I bring?




April 2012


She is either 23 or 24 I am 23... She invited me and my boyfriend (we live together)

Do we need to bring a gift? What kind? Does it have to be money? If so, how much for both of us?



Answer
Gifts are always voluntary, and must be given from a real desire to show your overflowing happiness materially rather than a perceived expectation from others. (otherwise it's not a gift, it'd be more like a bill).

Since you seem to want to give her something, you do not want to give her the indifferent gift of cash unless it's earmarked for grad school or paying off student loans. Since I doubt you've got those kind of resources, I'd just get her something sweet, like a little necklace or some other token gift to mark the occasion. You know her taste of course better than we, so use your discretion.

Also, gifts, in order to be generous, must be within your budget, so decide what you comfortably can spend, and don't worry about anything other than getting something you think would please her.

College graduation gift???

Q. Hi,
We have just R.S.V.P'd to the college graduation party/dinner of my husbands best friend. We actually named our child after him. The problem is, due to his service over seas, I havent ever met him. That being said, I am at a total loss as to what to get him for graduation. My husband has spoken with him once during our five year relationship, but before he was called to duty, they were inseperable. I really want to get him something that shows our sincerity and thankfullness to him. I need some gift ideas.


Answer
I'm gonna graduate college soon and in addition to the job, car, money and house i need some R & R. After years of studying you miss getting pampered. A gift certificate to a day spa and something tangible should be nice. Hope that helps.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment