Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Why do guys like to flash money under your nose but not pay for dinners?




archangelc


It's so annoying that some guys like to show-off how rich they are with sport cars, bling bling watches, latest mobile phone, talks about their latest holiday and purchase.... but won't even pay for dinners or buy you a romantic gift?


Answer
Very ridiculous and rude.

I think guys are jealous of women's sucess these days because of the whole equality movement. It is really weird because the men that use that as an excuse must not really respect women at all. They obviously are bitter about women getting jobs and not being home-makers and supposedly "stealing" their careers. As revenge or some sort of resentment, they feel that they have some right to be a jerk when it comes to paying for sweet gestures. What I want to know, is how these men think that they will ever impress a woman when they act like that. Many women pay for meals all the time. I go to fancy restaurants all the time with my friends because I like to and I have no problem paying. Heck, I sometimes pick up the whole check! But when it is a date, the guy should pay. At least in the beginning. If he "expects" me to pay, he obviously has no respect.

And how is paying for dinner making the woman a prostitute? That would involve sex for money, and if that is what men expect when they buy a girl dinner, they need to learn that is soooooo wrong! We are not objects and we enjoy attention and consideration in the beginning.

If a woman has any self respect, she won't put out just because some guy paid $20 dollars for a dinner. It takes more than that...and I don't mean money.

My BFF sends my young male co-worker gifts, through me. Boundaries are crossed?




Pj


I am 46, my friend Ann in 47, and my male co-worker John is 32. My friend, and my co-worker have never met. In fact, they have never spoken directly to one another. My friend seems to have a crush on my co-worker, but using her mentally challenged daughter as an excuse to buy gifts etc. and saying they are from her daughter. I mean who can resist her daughter? My co worker and I are very close. We've worked with each other for 3 years as city workers in a Finance division. He has recently been promoted and is now also my boss. Hes a nice looking kid, with a great personality, and women swoon over him. We share a big cubicle at work so we joke around, and I do consider him a close friend. We have a lot of silly fun together. But I also play big sister, and I am the first person he comes to when he needs advice. I am happily married, and my husband loves this guy too. We see him out socially, and my husband has worked on repairs at John's house.
A couple months ago, I told my friend Ann, some funny stories John and I joked about and she thought these stories were pretty funny. Since then, I may relay funny messages to John and to Ann from each other that they both mutually reciprocated. Ann's disabled daughter is 20. She functions on a 2nd grade level, and she colored a picture of a zombie for him. I thought it was cute, so I took it to work and gave that to him. Innocent, right? Then came another picture the following week. OK I will take that to him too. Then my friend Ann bought him a magnet and said it was from Nancy to give to John. "ZOMBIES NEED LOVE TOO". I hesitated, but gave it to John. John said "NANCY is a sweetheart-tell her thanks."
Last week Ann called me and knowing I cant get picture messages from her service on my cell, she texted me "send me John's number so I can send him a picture Nancy wants me to send him." Well I was taken aback, and said "he cant get picture messages", only because I didn't want to creep him out knowing my friend wanted his cell number. Because after all, at the end of the day, we are still co workers, and hes my boss. She also friended him on Facebook, which he hesitated, but accepted knowing she is my friend.
But this weekend, my coworker had a birthday, and that's when things got really strange. Ann wanted to meet us out on his birthday with her daughter Nancy because ""Nancy" she had a gift for him. I texted her "Well we are all taking him to a bar, so it would probably be inappropriate for Nancy to meet us there". Ann said, we can meet you in the parking lot and he can come out to the car. I know its because she wants to meet him personally, but parking lot or not, it was Johns birthday, he was going to be out with friends and I felt that it was inappropriate. So I firmly said "Yeah, I don't think so". So she dropped off the gift "from Nancy" to my house instead, and told me that I NEED TO TAKE A PICTURE of his expression opening. (Which I was thinking at this point......how creepy!!!) I thought it was going to be a homemade card and gift from Nancy. It wasn't. Its a huge gift bag, complete with a shot glass, beer games, and a zombie poster. Certainly not just a cute card her mentally disabled daughter made. I am supposed to give him this gift tomorrow and take pictures of his expression? I feel so weirded out by this, I don't want to give him the gifts at all. I only bought him a breakfast sandwich for his birthday, and we are close pals! I don't understand my friends behavior and want to tell her that this gift to a man she has never met, under the ruse that its from her daughter, is not appropriate. I have to give him this gift tomorrow, and don't know how to present this extravagant gift that probably in total, cost $20-$25 dollars. Am I being too upset about this? Or does this seem that boundaries have been crossed?



Answer
Your friend Ann is a creep. Yes boundaries have been crossed, your boss will think you and Ann are weird. Seriously, give the gift back to Ann and explain to her that John is your boss and you are not comfortable giving him this gift.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment