Sunday, March 23, 2014

Some female, Jamaican music artists?




**ME**


Okay..I'm around Jamaican dudes all day..so I know all about Movado, and Vybz, and the ones that sing about pu$$y and being a gangsta for life. I've come to realize that they are talking about each other, LOL!

Anyway...what about some female artists..not female rap artists but more like singers..about love etc.

I don't know if all Jamaican music is considered reggae, but I'm wanting to know about female Jamaican artists that sing with an R&B influence...

The only one that comes to mind is an artist named Alaine. Who else?



Answer
Most of the ones that come to mind are more hard and lyrically wicked than the men you mentioned. Tanya Stephens ("gangsta blues" and her recent "Rebelution" feature a harder and softer side to her personality, respectively), Ce'Cile and Lady Saw are alternately raw and soulful in their delivery. Love is always there, as Sizzla say. But, I would look at the Caribbean and Afrikan diasporas if you want R&B and Soul, in the best sense of those terms. I love Tchiya Amet, Mounia Sahara and Queen Ifrika as they have the artistic, and also deep Roots, credentials among the best. The amazing J.C Lodge and Carlene Davis are veterans who have mixed it up. You sound like you know what you're looking for and what most others overlook. Make up your mind to do it yourself, if your lifestyle isn't reflected in JA. It isn't for the faint of heart whether "Black Woman and Child," "Young, Black & Gifted" or just holding it down as the "Queen of the Minstrel" show that is the music business. It is about stamina. Tek care,
DJ Miguels

Does any one know of a good gift from Jamaica?




Jack F.


I am going to leave for Jamaica for one week next weekend and me and my gf are both pretty up set about it. I want to buy her a gift while I am down there, but I do not know what to get her. Does any one know of some thing to get her that she may like that is small, not food, and prefferably Jamaican. If you have never been there then your ideas would still be greatly appreciated!


Answer
go to one of their markets and get her one of the handcarvings of a man and a woman. Lots of vendors will sell them. They are very pretty. There is lots of stuff you can get her. If it makes you think of her, get it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment