Monday, March 24, 2014

Birthday gift for 40 yo brother?




vanessa


My older brother is turning 40 soon. I need ideas for a gift, hopefully under $50, but if I love the idea I might go up to $100.
He is a computer engineer, so obviously loves his electronic gadgets but usually gets those things himself. He's married and has 2 daughters in grade school. For past Christmas holidays I have given him things like a scarf, itunes gift card, but I'd like to get him something cooler if I can. Can anyone help me?



Answer
Gift card to his favorite electronics store...ask his wife to covertly find out for you.

Gift for a 40th surprise birthday?




spintool


I've always been of firm belief that adults don't give other adults birthday presents, except maybe a joke gift. But the guy's wife (my wife's cousin) has made it known gifts are expected. I think its rude, and I refuse to attend unless we don't bring a gift. My wife is mad and wants to buy a real gift and go. What do people think?


Answer
Just buy a gift a go. If not for them, for your wife. If this is effecting your personal life, it's not worth it to keep fighting it. Your wife's happiness is way more important than your rude friend.

But for the record, I totally agree. I think it would be incredibly rude to expect someone to bring presents to a party for an adult.

However, on the other hand, it is a "milestone" party and perhaps they dont usually have birthday parties or require gifts at the party?
Just a thought.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment