Thursday, March 27, 2014

70TH birthday party theme ideas?




NONILADY


I'm looking for a unique birthday party idea for my very spry father. All of his siblings live more than 6 states away and aren't in the best of health so this will be a party with children, grandchildren and friends. He has a great sense of humor and is very sentimental and I am looking for something that will be capstone of his wonderful life so far. Any help would be welcomed.


Answer
Someone else on y/a had the idea of giving her father a box of fun gag gifts because he had a great sense of humor and she wanted all the guests to laugh when he opened them...but she didn't know how to pull it off:

My suggestion was to print off this song by the legendary Julie Andrews (which was written for her 69th birthday) and pass it out to all the guests to sing to her father....and THEN he could open up the box of gag gifts and have it labeled "My New Favorite Things"....here are the lyrics>>>

One of the musical numbers she performed was 'My Favorite Things' from the legendary
movie 'Sound Of Music'.
Here are the lyrics she used:

(Sing It!) -
If you sing it, its especially hysterical!!!

Botox and nose drops and needles for knitting,
Walkers and handrails and new dental fittings,
Bundles of magazines tied up in string,
These are a few of my favorite things.

Cadillacs and cataracts, hearing aids and glasses,
Polident and Fixodent and false teeth in glasses,
Pacemakers, golf carts and porches with swings,
These are a few of my favorite things.

When the pipes leak, When the bones creak,
When the knees go bad,
I simply remember my favorite things,
And then I don't feel so bad.

Hot tea and crumpets and corn pads for bunions,
No spicy hot food or food cooked with onions,
Bathrobes and heating pads and hot meals they bring,
These are a few of my favorite things.

Back pain, confused brains and no need for sinnin',
Thin bones and fractures and hair that is thinnin',
And we won't mention our short shrunken frames,
When we remember our favorite things.

When the joints ache, When the hips break,
When the eyes grow dim,
Then I remember the great life I've had,
And then I don't feel so bad.



Ms. Andrews received a standing ovation from the crowd
that lasted over four minutes and repeated encores.


Your theme for his party could be simply "My Favorite Things"....and make the party all about him and what fads or favorite things he took a liking to over the years--and you could throw in some new ones :D.

My Grandfather 70th birthday Ideas what to get also as a 2nd gift i'm doing a shrit ideas for a saying?




Sondra


ok I wanna get him something but haven't a clue.So any ideas??? I know he's retire milatry guy and works in his farm alot. Also I've got some left over iron on stuff from son party so I'm doing a picture on a shirt of him and my son. Which he loves. He took my son at his party away from the rest of the crowd and hide behide a tree and just played for a while. And my sister got some great pictures of the two of the together. My son is his only great grandson. And So I wanna put the picture on a shirt with some cute little saying. I know some will say he's never gonna wear the shirt or stupid answers like such. I don't care if he wears it or not its just something sweet I wanna do. Also we don't call him grandfather or grandpa. He is called Pappa Joe. Because grandparents spilt and remarried.

i'd like whatever the saying on the shirt be something cute not about his age though. Like world great



Answer
As far as a gift goes, what my Dad really enjoyed when he turned 80 was the gift we got him for just pennies! We got the microfilm copy of the newspaper from his hometown on the day he was born! We made copies and put the pages on butcher paper. He was fascinated to see what had been happening on the day he was born. How much houses were selling for, what stores were having sales, who died on that day and did he recognize the names, what the weather was like, etc. etc.
As far as the shirt goes, how about a picture of the two of them on the back, and one of just your son on the front. Underneath your son's picture put "I love my Pappa Joe!" I'll bet he DOES wear it!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment