Saturday, November 23, 2013

What are pros and cons of gifted program or gifted school?

gifts for her from kids
 on Cherry Wood Heart Personalized Jewelry Box - Ladies Gifts
gifts for her from kids image



SH


Hi,

Few of my friends teach their kids some advanced concepts or reading before they go to school, or send to Kumon classes and then their kids are treated as gifted kids in school. What are pros and cons of this program? Some parents are sending their kids to gifted schools also. I am asking because those kids don't look special to me in any way and I feel if I tought my kids advanced concepts they might also goto gifted program.

Thank you



Answer
Im an 8th grader and at my middle school we have gifted. Gifted is very hard based off what my few friends in the class say. Usually the gifted students are accepted because they have a different way of thinking or are realllllly smart. if you can get into gifted great, but if not, its not big deal. at my school we also have challened and non challenged classes. the non challenged classes are easier, and have the kids who arnt as smart or eager to learn while the challenged classes, the students tend to be smarter and want to learn more and are willing to do more work. i am in the challenged classes and i think its wonderful because i am with students who dont distract the class and we get to learn reallly hard stuff.

What are pros and cons of gifted program or gifted school?




SH


Hi,

Few of my friends teach their kids some advanced concepts or reading before they go to school, or send to Kumon classes and then their kids are treated as gifted kids in school. What are pros and cons of this program? Some parents are sending their kids to gifted schools also. I am asking because those kids don't look special to me in any way and I feel if I tought my kids advanced concepts they might also goto gifted program.

Thank you



Answer
My daughter is in a program at a private school for gifted children. I think that it teaches children the concept of getting a good education is very important in today's society. It is best to encourage a child's mind to grow beyond what is taught at school. If you taught your child advanced concepts they too would be in the gifted program. The question is could they handle it? Each child is different. Without Kumon would some of these kids be in the program? Probably not but all the help you can give your child is worth it. I want my child to do the best she can so that when she attends college she understands basic study skills so she can excel in her studys and become whatever she wants.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment