Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Should I bring a gift to an engagement party?




daisydukes


My friend from college is getting married and I am a bridesmaid in the wedding. Should I bring a gift to her engagement party? Or should I wait for the bridal shower? Or should I wait for the wedding to bring the gift? Someone help me with etiquette...Thanks!


Answer
Engagement parties are not gift-giving occassions. I was very embarrassed at how many people felt the need to give a gift at our engagement party (it makes me not want to have a shower since people already gave us a gift). A card expressing your congratulations and well wishes is fine.

You should give gifts for both the shower and the wedding, though.

How common is this for Egyptian mothers?




Firefly


How common is it that Egyptian mothers give their new daughters in law a gift?

I am trying to gather info. Please let me know if you are:
a. Egyptian woman whose mother in law gave her a gift upon engagement/marriage
b. Egyptian man whose mother gave his fiancee/wife a gift upon engagement/marriage
c. Egyptian man/woman who knows of this happening
d. Foreigner woman whose mother in law gave her a gift upon engagement/marriage.

And please let me know what sort of value the gift was.
Thanks.



Answer
my mother in law gave me some make up and body craems in my engagement and bought me birthday cake and bought me some ligerie on my birthday...not bad i think!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment