Saturday, March 22, 2014

Gift for my 80-year-old great aunt?




JoMama


My great-aunt whom I am very close to just turned 80. We are having a HUGE party for her on Saturday, and I want to get her the perfect gift. She doesn't have any kids and isn't married, so my sister and I are like her grandkids and it's important that I get something meaningful and useful. Any ideas?


Answer
Does she have a cell phone? You could get her one with pre-paid minutes at Wal-Mart. That way she could call you all when she wanted and there is also a level of safety for her too.

The have a new cell phone called Jitterbug it has bigger numbers and it easier for older people to operate.

http://www.jitterbug.com/promotions/101106_landing.asp

Teach her how to operate the phone and she will appreciate the safety of a phone at her fingertips.

Also, ladies of a certain age like candy (a big box of good candy), perfume (find out her favorite, some lovely house slippers I got these Goody Bon Bons for my Mother-in-law she is 85 and she adores them:http://thedesignpatch.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=GG-BB

Try to find out what she wants and needs.

Perhaps a locket with photos of everyone or a photo album with everyone's photos of old times and new.

A soft warm robe for winter or some nice night gowns. Does she like to read? or watch TV - a subscription to a favorite magazine. Does she have cable TV? She might enjoy DISH network or cable.

Does she have a simple computer she can send email on? Older people really love sending emails and going on chat boards for seniors.

Coupons for your to help her with chores.

Gift certificates to the beauty shop for hair and nail sessions.

My Grandmother used to love Nantucket Briar lotion and perfume products by Crabtree & Evelyn. When I smell it today; I can remember her so vividly.

http://www.amazon.com/Crabtree-Evelyn-Nantucket-Scented-Lotion/dp/B00022VPAU

http://store.crabtree-evelyn.com/nan307162.html

A gift basket with all sorts of goodies for her that you pack yourself or get a good gift basket company to make for you.

Food gifts from Harry & David:

http://www.harryanddavid.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/BECHomePageView?storeId=10051&catalogId=10002&langId=-1

Harry & David are the BEST I have been using them for years to gift and also send a gift to myself now and then. They have fantastic truffles.

How can I make his bday gift 80's themed but not lame?




peachy


My guy is turning 29 soon, and I want to remind him that he's a child of the 80's, and not almost 30.

What can I give him that is practical, cool, and 80's-themed? I don't want to get him something he's not going to use, like a He-Man action figure. That would be silly.

We've been dating for two months, so nothing overboard, either.



Answer
it's difficult to make the 80's not seem lame. the reason we love the 80's is because they were so lame!

what exactly did he love from the 80s? Get him an A-team dvd or something. I bought my gf a cool staypuffed marshmallow man figure from Ghostbusters because she loved him in the movie and was real sad when they killed him.

You could find out what his favourite 80s shows or movies were (mines Goonies, before you ask) and get him something to do with that




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment