Friday, May 23, 2014

What is a unique and thoughtful gift to give to your parents on your wedding day?

Q.


Answer
Well typically the bridal party and parent gifts arent given on the wedding day, more-so at the rehearsal dinner but my fiance and I are paying for each set of parents to have a weekend away and we're volunteering to babysit all the dogs (His parents have 2 and mine have 1. I personally think just babysitting the dogs is a gift in itself!). There are sites out there that let you purchase bed and breakfast gift certificates that can be used at hundreds of different B & B's.

We live in upstate, NY just about 30 minutes from Vermont. It seems like the majority of the inns available are in Vermont so our parents will get to select which one they stay at. Its also nice because over the years our parents have become pretty good friends. We assume they will probably choose to go together and have a nice weekend together after the stresses of our wedding are over.

Neither set of parents ever got to go on a honeymoon themselves, so this is our way of kind of giving that to them (obviously in a much smaller way).

Good gifts for wedding day?




Jessica


I need some ideas for gifts for hubby, dad of bride, dad of groom, step mom of bride, mom's of groom....


Answer
I'm considering a Blooming Tea Set for my future mother-in-law, because she's obsessed with tea and teacups. It's really a beautiful gift for anyone who likes tea.

Since we're paying for the wedding and honeymoon ourselves, my fiance and I have decided not to do gifts for each other. In fact, we usually skip gifts for every holiday and birthday (with some exceptions.) But that won't help you, I guess. If I had to, I'd get him a video game, but that's what he's into.

I would a beautiful frame for the parents, with a promise to include a wedding photo. You can actually do that for all sets of parents. I wouldn't try to give gifts that you would normally do for Christmas or birthday (like a book or something). Think of something memorable to mark the occasion.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment