Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Christmas gift for mom 2013 post breast cancer?




Jackie


I'm struggling to try to find a Christmas gift for my mom this year. I had this idea though and I wanted to run it past: She's a breast cancer survivor of about 7 years. She JUST now got a silicone breast form to put into her bras so she is even on both sides. Now my mom is in her early 50's, but I know she was really excited about these. Do you think it would be too weird or too "young" or suggestive to get her a really nice bra and panties set with a nightie from Victoria's Secret? I know that when I'm in my 50's I'll still love this, but she's never been one to splurge on bras. I think now that she kind of feels sexy and even again this could be something to make her feel young and beautiful, the same way she is on the inside. I also wanted to put a note maybe with a play on words in the box before she gets to the gift. Something that sums all of what I've just said up but maybe with the words "even" or "secret." I don't know if that would be too weird or intruding on something intimate although now that I've been in college it's not like things of this nature are "too weird" anymore. Sorry that was a novel. Any thoughts?


Answer
I am happy you have your mom sweety and she is doing well, yes, get her something sexy, but tasteful. Cancer steals ones dignity and all women deserve to beautiful no matter what. She will see that you still find her attractive. Merry Christmas! Slip in a pretty scent of cologne too. One is Rapture body lotion and it feels like silk going on
http://www.victoriassecret.com/beauty/rapture

What was the coolest gift you ever gave to anyone?




ogg08





Answer
A very good woman friend of mine is a two time breast cancer survivor at the young age of 36. In our state we can order special license plates for our cars...one helps support breast cancer and has a pink breast cancer ribbon on the left side of the plate...I ordered it with the word "Srvive 5" on it. I had it framed in a very special frame and presented to her...the meaning behind the message on the plate is that she needs to go 5 years in remission to lower her chances of a recurrence dramatically...the five year time is a big event for someone dealing with cancer...we both cried when I gave it to her, because she knows she needs to hit that mark and It's what I pray for the most for her...She almost made it the first time going 4 years and 4 months before she got it again...now she's into 3 years and 5 months for the second time around...She'll make it this time..




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment