Wednesday, April 2, 2014

under $10 for an unisex gift?




John D


Hi everyone,

Me and my gf are going to a Christmas party were we have to bring two gifts that are fit for a man or women and that is under $10.

It's a dirty santa (chinese gift exchange) type of deal where you pick from the pile and then the next person can either steal or pick from the pile.

The group of guest is quite varied (man in their late 30s, woman in the late 30s, few over 50s...)

Suggestions???? Alcohol is allowed but it seems cheesy.



Answer
Alcohol is DEFINITELY not cheezy. Trust me. I have been involved in many many of these kind of gift swapping parties. Wine is ALWAYS the hard to keep once chosen gift. I pride myself in finding inexpensive wines that are under priced. I would suggest 3 bottles of Forestville cab.
$3 a bottle at most chain grocery stores like Safeway. Your gift will be one of the sought after gifts.

Decent gifts for my family under $10?




UMYEAHH


Ok, I'm 14, so I don't make alot of money, so I was wondering, I have $10 put aside for each person in my family...
Brother-10..loves football
Brother 6-likes harry potter, star wars, superheroes
Brother 4-likes anything
Mom
Dad
I have no clue what to get them..so could anyone give me some ideas?



Answer
Maybe get your brother a winter hat w/ the logo of his favorite football team?

You can get your 6 year old brother an action figure having to do with any of those you just listed ^. IF not, maybe a puzzle or game related to Harry Potter, Star Wars and Super heroes?

For the 4 year old - It depends on what he likes. If you try a KB Toys (who are going out of business) I think you can find something cool for him under $10. Maybe a board game in his age group?

You can get your mom a Bath & Body Works set for under $10. They have xmas specials and little gift sets. If you don't want that, a gift card to one of her favorite stores?

You can get your Dad a book, a cd, a DVD or a gift card for coffee (if he drinks it), etc.

I think it's really nice that you are wanting to buy presents for your family at just 14 years old : ) - I think they will appreciate what you get them, no matter what. Good luck and Merry Christmas!

I




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment