Saturday, April 5, 2014

My boyfriend bought me a careless Xmas gift?




jonas


Well me and my bf decided to open our gifts for eachother early this year.we've been dateing a little over a year. Anyways I bought him 3things,I knew he'd love and were from the heart.it wasn't expensive, and I didn't expect him to buy me somthing expensive either,well he didn't...he got me a graduation bear for Christmas...the tags all crumpled and it's a lil dirty... Also I graduated 2 years ago....I just don't feel like he put thought into it.... I pretended to be happy and didn't say anything....what would you do? It even looks like he just found it laying around his house,but he says he bought it. Idk.what would you do?


Answer
LOL that's a really bad gift! Men ARE bad at buying gifts at times but if you let him get away with it, he'll never bother putting any thought into it.

Tell him you were a little hurt - not because the gift was inexpensive (use that word, not 'cheap'!) - but because you didn't think it was something he'd put much thought into, and you feel that that's what gift giving is all about - a physical representation of thoughtfulness and consideration for each other.

I dated a guy once who was an AWESOME gift giver. But one Valentine's Day he bought me a cheese grater and matching strainer!! WTF?? He liked kitchenware and they were good quality items, and I thanked him and coo-ed over them. But - after discussing it with my friends to make sure I wasn't overreacting - I told him that although they were useful, I didn't think they were suitable romantic Valentine's gifts. I told him that all I ever wanted on that day was flowers or chocolates, and from then on, that's what he stuck to and I was always grateful for them.

After that we used to laugh about it all the time, but it took real guts to tell him! Never got a bad gift from him again though...

If your boyfriend can't see that this is important to you, then he's not the one for you. It's got nothing to do with being greedy or materialistic. You thought about him; he didn't do the same for you. That's fundamental and needs to be corrected asap.

Overwhelmed with home-made xmas gifts?




Kitty


This year my family is making home-made gifts, i started kind of late.. i know how to crochet and im a beginner knitter.. i have about 5 projects for the kids which are almost done but i have 2 brothers and their wife's, my mom.. anyone have any advice before i go insane? :(


Answer
Yes--use big needles/hooks and uncomplicated designs. Knit or crochet while you watch TV for productive multi-tasking and keep a project with you so you can knit or crochet while you wait (I've crocheted an afghan while waiting in line to pick up kids after school and knit socks while waiting in doctors' offices and so on).

A gift you can crochet or knit for women that looks impressive is a moebius scarf. They're quick to knit if you use Cat 2 or Cat 3 yarn and large needles for a lacy effect or worsted yarn and 6.5mm needles. This page (http://www.twinwillowsfarm.com/moebius_scarf.html ) explains how to do one when you're knitting crossways--and you can use a different pattern as long as the ends line up. I'm doing one that is 3 x 3 rib over 48 stitches. This page has instructions for knitting one in the round: http://www.planetshoup.com/easy/knit/scarfmb.shtml . Cat Bordhi has a video on YouTube illustrating her method of moebius knitting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVnTda7F2V4 . Lion Brand has a couple of patterns for moebius neck scarves using bulky yarn and big needles. I've made this one: http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/kls-tubeScarf.html . It's quick and easy, but the two ends are not identical. This one: http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/1328AD.html will have identical ends.

For guys, a nice long scarf is quick to knit. I like 1 x 1 rib for this project for reversibility. Use a bulky yarn or 2 or 3 strands of worsted-weight held together, size U.S. 13 or 15 needles, and a cast-on of about 10 to 13 stitches, you can finish one 72" long in an evening or two. I have also knit guy scarves in garter stitch lengthways (cast on 300 stitches for about 65" to 75") on big needles with bulky or multiple-strand yarns. One nice thing about using multiple-strand techniques is that you can create your own "tweed" mixture--school colors, team colors, and so on.

If the weather is cool, foot-warmers are good for everyone. These boot-type slippers are easy: http://www.aokcorral.com/projects/how2oct2005.htm . PolarKnit has free patterns for a variety of slippers using chunky yarns: http://www.polarknit.com/itoolkit.asp?pg=SOCKS/SLIPPERS




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment