Thursday, March 13, 2014

Does my brother deserve a christmas gift?




Maya C


I am 16 years old, my brother is 14. My brother has got a problem which is that he cannot have any feelings for others. He cannot show empathy. He doesn't live at home since my parents cannot handle him anymore. He gets to come home every second weekend however and now he will be home for two weeks over christmas.

My brother takes my money whenever he gets a possibility to do so therefore me and my family have to hide our money all the time so that he won't take it and by cigarettes, alcohol and drugs all the time. Although he has taken so much money from me lately so that I am almost broke.

Do you think that I should buy hum a gift for christmas anyway?
I am sorry I wasn't clear enough. There's absolutely nothing wrong with my parents, they are very nice though they are almost breaking apart due to the situation with my brother. My brother has like a handicap though you can't notice it since he is pretty smart or at least normal. He is currently living in a school where others with similar problems are living. I know that since he has a handicap I should consider that and be nice, however his handicap is that he cannot like other people obviously or at least he cannot appreciate them. Therefore I am not sure if it really would matter to him if I buy him a gift for christmas...



Answer
wow, tough question. it sounds like he's extremely selfish -- stealing money from his own sister -- but you still care enough to at least consider giving him a gift. kudos to you for being such a good sister!

to be honest, i don't know whether i would give him a gift or not. i would certainly feel guilty if i intentionally excluded him, but the truth is that he doesn't sound like the kindof person who appreciates gifts as expressions of love. he sounds more to me like the kindof person who feels his gifts are entitlements.

i wish i had a better answer for you, but there is no easy solution to this one. try to figure out how he would react if you got him a gift, versus how he would react if you did not. also try to figure out the emotional impact to you. ultimately, in a situation like this i suggest going with your intuition -- if your gut instinct tells you a solution is right, and it feels right, there is probably some reason it's right (something you have not observed on a conscious level).

i really hope this helps; good luck!

christmas gift ideas?




hannah


My church adopted a family for christmas
The family contains:
-2 year old girl
-14 year old boy
-Mom (they don't specify the age)

The organization only accepts gifts not necessities
What should we get them? Thanks



Answer
Gift ideas for birthdays, mothers day, fathers day, Christmas

Driving: a CLUB, steering wheel cover, back support pillow, window shades, vanity plates

Diving: Scuba gear, flippers, weights, snorkel,

Swimming: cool swim suit, sun glasses, visors, beach towel. boogie board, surf board, beach umbrella

Golf: Personalized tees or balls, glove, golf bag, golf club covers

Ball games: Ball, glove, mitt, or tickets to favorite team, baseball cap

Boating: Floating ice chest, floating flashlight, flag, canopy, life vest,
inflatable raft, canoe, kayak (and paddles)

Exercise equipment: body ball, thighmaster, stairmaster, etc.

CDs of favorite artists, concert tickets
Quilt, comforter, Snuggly thing, bootie sox, pretty umbrella, journal.
Lip gloss, spray-on hair shine, energy bars, votive candles, calendar, hair extensions and clips, fluffy slippers, talcum powder with fluffy puff

Board games: Checkers, chess, Monopoly, Upwords, card games...
Croquet, badminton, horseshoes, bike, skateboard, basketball and hoop, volleyball set, hockey

A Makeover, puppy, kitty, New King James bible
Bike, skateboard, scooter, moped, skates, binoculars

The best and easiest gift to receive and to give is a Gift Card/Certificate to a favorite store to be used after holidays when things are half price.

Especially for adults that are hard to buy for:
Make some Good For tickets and put them in a stocking or card. Things that say:
Good for one free back/neck/foot massage.
Good for detailing your car (wash, wax, shampoo carpets and seats)
Good for vacuuming the whole houseGood for cleaning the garage, attic and/or basement (whichever you have)
Good for babysitting so you can have a peaceful bubble bath
Good for making dinner every nite for a week, doing dishes and clean-up
Good for cleaning out the fireplace and chimney
Take down curtains and drapes, clean them and re-hang.
Clean upholstered furniture.
Wash windows
Shampoo carpets
Decorate the tree
Remove tree, decorations and store it all in garage

I bet you can think of a lot more; you know them better than we do. Trust me, they'll be thrilled!!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment