Monday, March 10, 2014

Do some women differentiate between money spent on a date vs. a gift?




Thundercat


Based on a couple recent question of buying gifts for women, it reminded me of something that happened years ago. I was dating a woman in the somewhat early stages (a few months). She had an older stereo system with a broken CD player. I went online looking for a unit to replace it which matched the system which happened to be a used unit. It ended up being about $40. When I told her about it, she seemed real uncomfortable with accepting such a gift. I was completely puzzled. She had many CD's sitting idle. She could listen to music again. I could listed to music at her house. Just the week before I had taken her out on a date, ate some food, saw a comedian. It was about $80 for both of us. Basically, it was $40 out of my pocket for her benefit.

What was the difference in spending the money on a date or a gift?

You might say the date meant time spent together. Well, we could also sit together and listen to music while cuddling.

I wasn't buying the gift for sex. We were already in the intimate phase. I was buying the gift because I thought she would like it.
It almost wasn't even a gift as much as it was fixing something that was broken. In this case, it was cheaper to buy another unit than to fix the old one.



Answer
Women are not too bothered on specific costs dependant on the intent.

A fleeting dinner date versus an invested gift.

Thats the difference, she will always think of you when playing CD's and looking at the player so its more of a big deal in her mind.

however a date is date, not much in it really, not that i'm saying it wasn't great for you both, but chances are every time both of you have a steak, salad or what ever you had for dinner, i doubt you are going to always think of each other for ever.

So long term invested gift, or short term date, that's about it really.

Ha.... woman hay... nightmares..

Hope that helps you mate.

Daniel

Is it creepy to buy women gifts in hopes that you can date them?




internet u





Answer
What if you buy them gifts and they still don't date you? Waste of money.

Someone gave me a very expensive handbag on a first date once. It was very awkward. He then expected me to date him again but I wasn't in to him any way and he got pi**ed off, saying he expected me to date him because of the handbag.

I didn't force him to give me the bag. It was his choice! I told him that I am not a prostitute and would gladly give the bag back to be rid of him!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment