Monday, March 10, 2014

No gifts for my 16th birthday?




Pilot


My dad and mom are divorced, and I see my dad about a week every months. This year I'm having my Sweet 16... We've never really done anything special for birthdays, and he's often gone without giving me gifts. This year he called and said that he was going to invite a few of my cousins and uncles and ants to a local park for my party, but that I wouldn't get any presents, and I said ok.

I'm actually kind of hurt, because I was hoping that if there was one birthday I'd get any gifts at all, it would be my Sweet 16. He's not paying for any of my college fund, either, but he just bought a pair of jet skis for himself and his new wife. He says he's never able to afford presents for birthdays or Christmas, but he's buying himself a new laptop!

I know I seem selfish, but I want to let him know I feel a little hurt. Am I justified in doing so? How should I do it without hurting him?

Thanks



Answer
He is the one who is selfish......

One should always help their kids out and at 16 a big deal in your life should be a Big deal in His.....I am sorry.....you are hurt...

You need to be totally honest with him and yourself......there is Nothing wrong with honesty it shows maturity as well....do you think his new wife would let him get by without giving her gifts ? I doubt it...and neither should YOu !!!

what should i ask for a gift for my 16th birthday?




Alina


i already have a car, but i just don't know what to ask for. when i say nothing to my parents because they seem to think that i NEED to have something for my birthday. So you think you can give me some ideas?


Answer
The name Alina makes me think you are female. If that is true, how about a nice piece of jewelry you can have for a long time and think back about, see this necklace, I got it for my 16th birthday:)
Most 16 year olds want some kind of new electronic product, better cell phone, itouch, something. There are always new improved products, so you can't have everything.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment