Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Feel Funny About Gift.?




Born Valen


I saw this nice pewter tray with a man with a scythe chafing wheat or proper term needed here. On it says "Give us this day our daily bread." I saw it on a Friday and said to myself: It's neat but a little different with a funny feeling. On Saturday my mom tells me she got it as a gift from my brother's girlfriend. The girl said to my mom: "My mother (deceased) had one just like it, and I decided to get you one. My mother felt bad and thought to herself why give a gift that most likely was her mothers? or something that resembeled what her mother had?

I am just curious. My mom even feels strange about the gift as well. Yes, we are religious but there's a funny feeling to the gift.
Anyone explain? Would you buy a gift and then say this.
It's an antique.



Answer
I understand the gift and the giver's sentiment. What I don't understand is yours and your mom's reaction to the gift.

"Give us this day our daily bread" is part of the Lord's Prayer in the Bible. I am acquainted with the pewter tray you are describing. It's quite lovely.
It is a heartfelt gesture to say that you are offering someone a gift that either reminds you of your own mom or maybe even used to belong to your own mom (although she didn't say that it once was her mothers. By the way, it would have to be an antique because that image of the man and scythe chafing wheat is not on those pewter trays that are being sold today anymore)
It's quite endearing and sweet in its intent and both of you are suspicious. Sad the entire meaning behind this gift and the motivation of the giver is lost on the two of you. She was just simply offering you something from her heart and memories.

Funniest Christmas gifts!!!!?




puplvr!!!


I need some really funny or random Christmas gift ideas!! Something like a fish. :) the more ideas the better!! And I would love it if they were cheap and approperiate but any completely random or funny Christmas gift idea will work!! :) thank you!!!!


Answer
my son goes thru bread like crazy, i am going to get 4 loaves of bread, put them in a box and tell him on christmas that that is going to be his best gift, so he has to open that 1 last. just for fun




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment