Thursday, June 12, 2014

Any ideas for Christmas gifts for a man and woman in their 50's?




Maggie May


I'm looking for gifts for my parents.

My mom is 55. She doesn't have any real hobbies other than spending time with family and friends. She likes clothes but hates going shopping. She likes art and decorating the house.

My dad is 53. He's a fire fighter, loves baseball, likes football too. He works in our yard landscaping a lot, but I don't know if he actually enjoys it.

Both of my parents are african americans and have pretty big close families.

Any unique gift ideas? Know of some interesting places to look besides the usual walmart type places? Price is not a big concern. I'm a college student so I'm not rich but I just wanted to get them somthing nice that they'd actually like.



Answer
My Dad is turning 60 in Janaury and my Mom is 56. So, I kind of have an idea where you are coming from.



anyways,


Mom:
subcription to a magazine she reads (guideposts, gardening, good house keeping, etc)
books (chicken soup for the mothers soul, art soul, pet lovers soul, etc)
gift card to her favorite hair salon for massage, pedicure, manicure, brow wax, hair cut/dye
vaccum cleaner (my mom desperatley needs one for christmas)
bird feeders/houses or baths (my mom likes that stuff)
dvd of her favorite tv show
bodywash and body spray from bath and bodyworks (try sweet pea, secreet wonderland, snow kissed berry)
nic naks for her kitchen or living room



Dad:
bodywash and bodyspray from bath and bodyworks (they also have a line of bodywash, aftershave, and bodyspray for men. I suggest try using Oceans)
subcription to a magazine he reads or a hobby (ex: hunting, gardening, fishing, racing, wrestling, basketball, football)
pj's or blanket of his favorite sports team or player
cologne
new wallet
new watch
socket wrench/tool kit
gift card to sporting goods store
landscaping rocks, flower bulbs or seeds,

Birthday present for MIL turning 60?




amber 18


So, got any good ideas for a gift? She is going to be 60... she is a wonderful mother and gramma. She really isn't a fan of jewlery... she loves flowers but they die so quick... she is a "family" woman most of all...
thanks!



Answer
Does she like to see shows/musicals/plays? Maybe some tickets to one coming in town. Something she would like but not necessarily do for herself. They also have flower companies where you can pay for a new arrangement every month for a year- they'll be sent to her.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment