Monday, May 26, 2014

Would you prefer not to receive gift list info with your invitation?




M J H


I'm wondering if it's best to send out invites only, and leave it to the guests to enquire about gift lists if they want to. I don't want people to feel obliged to give, but as everyone else seems to be sending out gift list info with their invites, I don't want people to feel awkward and confused if they don't receive any info wondering what is expected of them.

I'm also planning to have 2 gift lists - because I'm the kind of person who would rather shop around to get value for money, than just have one gift list. I don't want people to pay silly prices, and so have selected 2 stores that each have some items that we need. One is quite upmarket, and the other is rather everyday!

Advice and opinions please..

Thanks!



Answer
And you are so right not to put a list in the invitations, and for the right reasons. It is rude and very poor etiquette. It would telling people that a gift is mandatory, just as you thought. And do save the lists for when people call to ask. They will not be confused. They will call.
Feel free to register at those stores you picked out, most offer that service these days, and perfectly ok to pick one that is less expensive, like Target, Walmart. Most of the big box stores do offer registry services.
I do so appreciate a good bargain, It benefits me, I get to buy more for the bride and stay within my budget, and she gets more presents! I would also appreciate a bride who was ready for me to call with her lists in hand.
You go girl, you are doing everything right! And it is ok to arm relatives and bridesmaids with the lists. Not for them, but in case someone asks. People do so love to surprise the bride with just the right present.
And do not be afraid to ask for inexpensive presents. Sure, there are people out there who could not afford to buy more than a spatula for a wedding present, but most people are wise and affluent enough to buy a selection of small items. When I was setting up my household, I would have killed for a box of kitchen gadgets.
Congrats.

Teen girl christmas gift list?!?!?!??!?!?




Maddie


I'm 14(: and I need help with my christmas list. Nothing over 200 dollars,I already have a phone camera and ipod.I love music,books,photography,clothes and jewlery,perfume. The regular stuff. So what should I ask for?please put the stores too and products!thanksssss!


Answer
UGG boots or slippers. Expensive but worth it! (:
Perfume. Viva La Juicy(: or Body Sprays from Victoria's Secret.
Money or gift cards! so when you decide you can buy what you want!
Clothes from Hollister, Pac sun, American eagle any stores you like.
A robe(:
Socks.
Bra's
Victoria's Secret LOVE PINK Sweats.
Hair ties.
A hoodie.
Candy.
Redo your room.
New blanket.
Hair products.
Make up.
Face cleanser.
Nail polish, accessories from claires.
Forever 21 clothes.
i tunes gift card.
phone cases.
Band Tees since you like music!


Also some cute stores you can ask for clothes from:Hollister, American Eagle, Urban Outfitters, Forever 21, Pac Sun, Zumiez, Hot Topic, ect. (:
Some of that is on my list and some of it I just thought!

I hope I helped!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment