Monday, May 5, 2014

Gardening gift basket?




Alex


Hi, I want to make a gardening gift basket for my mother in law for her birthday. What are some practical things I can put into the planter. I am setting everything up in a rustic wheel barrel planter I purchased. I also wanted to add some extra things...and I thought of a nail brush and nice hand cream any other extras come to mind that I should add? Thanks a lot.



P.S. I don't want to include seed packets or bulbs, since she already has most of that stuff



Answer
Nice gloves are always a plus and any good, sturdy hand tools. Good quality pruners are hard to come by, she would probably appreciate that. If you're in the city, include a couple bags of composted manure. Try to find some plants she may not have. I don't know your zone, but prickly pear are a fun cactus that are hardy in zone 5+ and maybe even zone 4. Agave is another underused succulent. Tons of varieties - really cool.

How about a wreath or sign she can post on her door - "In the Garden". Garden catalogs are always fun too. Tons available , most in full color. A nice sun hat, sunscreen, lip balm w/sunscreen are also nice gifts. Ohhh, I have a garden tote bag that I absolutely love! You can store your tools or whatever inside and there is pockets all around the outside. I think it's waterproof too. Special hose nozzles are a good gift, a trellis, decorative outdoor pots, a fountain. Do a search on the internet, I found instructions to make a "miniatiure potted pond", I have it in a word file if you'd like to email me at sound4hound@yahoo.com Good Luck!

Olive Garden gift cards?




Miss Amand


does anyone know if they would have them at a local CVS? or Super stop and shop? because i want to try and get one for my parent for christmas :]


Answer
Seen them at Stop & Shop and other chain stores. You can buy Olive Garden Gift cards wherever gift cards are sold.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment