Thursday, March 6, 2014

Where can I buy Amazon gift cards in Canada?




Helpthedud


Which canada stores can I buy Amazon gift cards? I live in Montreal, Quebec if that helps...
I mean stores -__-



Answer
I wish I could help you, man. Online, amazon.com has a whole list of stores where you can buy gift cards. I couldn't find the same info. here. And, for the life of me, I can't recall seeing amazon cards with all the big card displays at grocery stores, Shoppers, etc., for iTunes gift cards, Best Buy, Futureshop, different restaurants, etc.

EDITED TO ADD: you CAN buy online amazon.ca gift certificates, which are simply emailed to the recipient. They usually arrive within a few hours (although i have read complaints about delays). I've sent MANY online amazon.ca gift certificates without a single problem. However, they can only be used for online purchases. As such, you should make it no less than $50, or the shipping fees will take up most of the amount.

That said, I don't use those online gift cards as much as I use MasterCard gift cards, now. That way, the recipient can use them however he/she likes, at whatever stores, even online. There is an activation fee (about 10%...so that's painful). And they do start applying fees to unused amounts (so instruct the recipient to use it as soon as possible, and not save it for a rainy day, as the value may be reduced significantly, over time). But when you don't know what the person would like, and since you can't mail cash, MasterCard gift cards are an option. (I specify MasterCard because the Visa one has a lot more fees associated with it.)

Duties/Taxes on gifts from Canada?




Douglas


My fiance will be flying out from Quebec and visiting me in Texas. Being the holiday season, she intends on bringing a few Christmas presents along with her. She intends to bring 5 gifts, of which the total price is about $300. We know this is over the tax free gift limit, however, we have know clue as to how much she will exactly be made to pay for the excess amount. Is there any way to calculate or at least guesstimate how much we should expect to pay? I appreciate everyone's time and effort. Thanks ahead of time!


Answer
I've taken gifts to the US on several trips and have never had to pay anything... infact I don't even remember claiming that I was taking them..(as in I dont' know that there was a spot on the form that asked this).....I never wrapped them because they'll unwrap them anyway! I just packed them in my luggage and away we went.
Good on ya for claiming them. :) and note that they will unwrap them if you take them in your carryon luggage. (see link provided)

I did however claim the things I brought back from my trips in the USA, but rarely was I above my exemption amounts.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment