Thursday, December 26, 2013

What do you give your grandparents on their 47th wedding anniversary?

gifts for her first anniversary
 on 1st Anniversary Gifts For Her
gifts for her first anniversary image



Aelphaba


I want to give my grandparents a gift for their anniversary without breaking my bank. I'm wondering what the best thing would be, specifically, for the 47th anniversary.


Answer
My parents have celebrated their 53rd (their 54th in is 3 weeks) . I gave them a new quilt for their 50th and am currently quilting another one. By the time they've been together that long, they generally have everything that they need. Ask them what they would like. My folks can't easily go out to a restaurant any more, so I periodically ask Mom if she wants a break from cooking and I go to a restaurant and buy them the whole meal and take it to them. Last week, it was barbecued ribs. They don't need stuff (although they needed quilts to replace blankets that are worn out).

My parents normally celebrated their anniversary by going for an ice cream cone and the latest popular movie. These days, I buy them a DVD of whatever has just come out that they might like plus ice cream and waffle cones.

Can you get your money back if something was custom made but you are not happy with it?




AMJ


I ordered a custom ring, it is beautiful but, in the 7 weeks since I received it 3 stones have fallen out. I returned it once and they repaired it and since then 2 more stones have fallen out. I have hardly even worn it. It is an anniversary gift (anniversary is in January) so it has been in the box 90% of the time.

I just think I have a lemon. They say custom orders are non returnable. Do I have a leg to stand on?



Answer
It depends on the stores return policy. If it says non-returnable, I think you're probably out of luck. You can always try to talk to someone in customer service to see about having it redone. Maybe you'll have better luck that way. Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment