Saturday, December 28, 2013

What can I get my mother in law for a birthday gift? I am on a very tight budget?

birthday gifts for her 80
 on Latest 2011 Teachers Day SMS, Quotes, Greetings, Wishes & Wallpapers ...
birthday gifts for her 80 image



Mary


She is in her 80's and home bound now due to health issues.


Answer
Your very thoughtful :does she knit or do puzzles or crosswords? I work at a nursing home and the residents enjoy when there family brings them things to keep occupied! And remember you're never too old to make something from the heart!

I dyed my hair - it's growing out/roots showing - what's the cheapest way to fix?




CB


My hair is naturally a light/medium brown. 3 months ago I had it dyed to a darker brown - redish color in the salon ($80!!). Obviously some roots are now showing - so what should I do?

Do I have to get my whole head of hair dyed again?
Can they just dye the roots?
Could I buy a box to fix it myself?

I'm concerned with the cost - originally my cut and color was a birthday gift.



Answer
Hi there. Going to the salon is ALWAYS going to be expensive.

Do you have to get your whole head dyed again?...the answer is no. Whether you decide to go to a salon or do it yourself you have a couple of options.

if you liked the haircolor and want to continue with it, I would see if the hairdressesr would give you the name of the brand of color that was used and what "level" and "base" it was. Level being the lightness or darkness of a color...base being the "underlying" color. (Gold, Ash, Viloet, etc.) If you can't get this information, it isn't a huge deal.

What you would have to do is go to a local beauty supply store like Sallys beauty supply. There they should be able to help you match up your hair color.

There is acouple of ways you can touch up the hair. If you liked the color and are going to stick with it, all you would do is color the roots of your hair taking about a half of an inch to an inch of hair at each time(starting at front hairline). Then, you would let the hair proccess for the amount of time required. The last 5 minutes, you can pull any of the leftover dye through the rest of your hair. This will just help to match the roots with the shaft and ends.

Now, if you aren't sure you want to keep that permenant color but you don't like that line of re-growth, you canalways pick up a demi-permanent haircolor and just pull it through a highlighting cap. That will make the re-growth a little less obvious.

I don't usually suggest going to the drug store to buy haircolor. The shelf life actually isn't the same as professional haircolor. Also, smaller beauty supply stores are always re-stocking so the color is never sitting on the shelf longer than 1 or 2 months. (Less harsh on the hair as well)

Hopefully this helps yah a little. Good Luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment