Sunday, December 22, 2013

How can I make his bday gift 80's themed but not lame?

gifts for her 80th
 on 80th Birthday Giftwrap Paper For Her Gift Wrap Paper
gifts for her 80th image



peachy


My guy is turning 29 soon, and I want to remind him that he's a child of the 80's, and not almost 30.

What can I give him that is practical, cool, and 80's-themed? I don't want to get him something he's not going to use, like a He-Man action figure. That would be silly.

We've been dating for two months, so nothing overboard, either.



Answer
it's difficult to make the 80's not seem lame. the reason we love the 80's is because they were so lame!

what exactly did he love from the 80s? Get him an A-team dvd or something. I bought my gf a cool staypuffed marshmallow man figure from Ghostbusters because she loved him in the movie and was real sad when they killed him.

You could find out what his favourite 80s shows or movies were (mines Goonies, before you ask) and get him something to do with that

Any Ideas of a great gift to send my German friend?




Karma


I'm in the US and I have a dear friend in Germany. I would like to send her some photos and a special gift. She is 80 years old. Any ideas of a wonderful gift to send?
Thank you in advance!
LOL, my area is famous for bricks and pottery. I will find something. Thank you for answering.



Answer
I am an American and have many friends in Germany, including my goddaughter. Over the years I have found that Germans tend to really respect the small, but thoughtful, gifts. Anything that is large or disproportionate is tends to be poorly received.

You mentioned that your area is famous for pottery. A small lovely piece that is representative of your region would be perfect, along with your framed photo (the picture is a really nice touch). I am certain that your friend would really enjoy it. I have also found that local foodstuffs are always welcome. If appropriate, perhaps some local jam or preserves, and a small pottery piece to hold jam or preserves? Many Germany eat jams and preserves with breadrolls in the morning for breakfast, so this would likely be well received.

I have attached a link to some other gift giving tips for Germany. Hope you find it helpful!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment