Friday, December 27, 2013

What am I doing wrong with my fish tank?

birthday gifts for her 80
 on 12x12  Unique Christmas Xmas Holiday & Birthday Gifts for Her ...
birthday gifts for her 80 image



LilbitFier


I have freshwater fish, guppies. This is a brand new tank due to the last set dying because,(the pet store said), the tank was too small. Now I have a 10 gallon tank and every couple of days, I find a dead fish. I keep the temp. between 78 and 80 degrees. I am careful about how much I feed them. I used distilled water when I started the tank. I know it is pass the new tank stage. I am just lost as to what is killing them. If anyone can help me figure this out, please email me. The tank was a birthday gift for my son for his birthday, he earned it by A, B honor roll and I don't want him to come home to all his fish being dead again.
Any help would be just wonderful, Thanks! Oh and the PH is correct too.
See this angers me. Our local pet store told me to use distilled water! Can I add spring water a little at a time and it not hurt them? They are all the same kind of fish too.
Yes I cleaned it first and let the water sit for 24 hrs. You may be right about not being meant to have fish. I am really beginning to wonder. My son worked so hard for the grades and this is what he asked for. Might have to get him to change his mind. LOL
Let me also say that I really appreciate everyones help. You all have been very helpful. I am going to have the water tested, again. Maybe I can save the fish. I do have a safe tank too. Please, keep replying if anyone has anymore advice or links I can learn from. Thanks so much.
I think I will use a different pet store too!
mrbts..... thanks for the link, very helpful.
I ve had the tank for 2 months at least. There are 5 small guppies in it.



Answer
I read somewhere that you shouldn't use distilled water in fishtanks as it doesn't have the right minerals that fish need.Maybe that could be the problem?
This site has a chart with some info about distilled water in fishtanks - they don't reccomend it, they're talking about betta's but i think it applies to all fish.
http://www.bettatalk.com/water.htm

What is a good gift for an 80th birthday for a grandfather?




Magnus


How about some gift ideas? Grandfather turning 80...we have no idea what to get him?


Answer
Happy 80th Birthday to your Grandfather! Wow!!

A scrapbook may be a good idea. If you can get pictures of him through out his life, you could "interview" him and include his memories and thoughts and stories. You could also get stories from other members of the family to include. Or instead of making it a scrapbook of his life, you could make one of his cherished family members from when he was young. Either way, it's the stories and memories are what will truly make this a very special gift.

Remarkable Memories Digitally Designed Scrapbooks is a professional scrapbooking company that can help you put this together.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment