Wednesday, December 25, 2013

High school graduation gift ettiquette for step niece?

gifts for her high school graduation
 on graduation gifts high school graduation high school graduation gifts ...
gifts for her high school graduation image



connie b


I would like to know what the proper gift giving etiquette is for a high school graduation for my brother's second wife's daughter. We just received a graduation announcement for this girl's upcoming graduation. My brother has been married to his second wife for about 3 years, they live across the country, and I've only met the daughter approximately 5 times. Are we required to send a gift? I feel she's not really "family" and I barely know her. What is the proper etiquette in this situation?


Answer
You follow the same etiquette as you would for any other high school student that you received a graduation announcement for. There isn't "special" etiquette for a step niece. Send a card with $25.

What is appropriate amount of money or gift card for a high school graduation?




jerseygirl


I have 3 graduations coming up in the next 2 weeks ~ my nephew, my niece and one of my best friend's son, who I have known since birth and is family as far as I'm concerned. What is the average amount of money or gift cards people give for high school graduations these days?

I haven't been to a high school graduation since my youngest sister about 13 years ago. I don't want to be cheap to any of these kids, they are all special to me and I want to do the right thing. Thanks for the advice!



Answer
I just graduated from high school last year, and most of my aunts/uncles gave me $20-$50. It really depends on the relationship you have with them. Also, gifts can be great ideas too-something they can use for college or an apartment...towels, hamper, a cute sheet set, a roll of quarters and laundry essentials...any of these can be good.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment