Sunday, January 19, 2014

Will a Nintendo DSi bought in the USA work with games bought in the UK?

gifts for her in uk
 on Narciso Rodriguez for her eau de parfum gift set - review, compare ...
gifts for her in uk image



astcell


I want to bring gifts to the UK for Christmas but worry about compatibility issues. I know the TV is PAL and in the US we have NTSC, and the voltages are different. What about the Nintendo DSi? Can I buy one here as a gift or do I need to buy it there?


Answer
Yes, they will.

How do I change my iTunes country?




Silhouette


I got a gift card from my grandad in the UK but it won't let me redeem the card because my iTunes is apparently set to the US store. It says this when I type in the code:

"Your iTunes store (US) does not match that of the gift certificate (UK)."

I don't have an account on iTunes, but I have the application itself with my music. I don't have a credit card.

How do I change my iTunes from the US to the UK? Is it possible to do without an account?



Answer
If you're using iTunes, you do have an account and you need an account to redeem an iTunes card. The only way you can change your account's country is to use a verifiable payment method from a bank in that country, in this case, the UK. If you don't have a credit card from a US bank though, you don't likely have one from a UK bank. There are all sorts of laws governing companies doing international business and, of course, most of it comes down to the financial aspect. This is why the payment method on the account has to be from a bank in the same country. You might be able to get iTunes US to actually redeem the card for you and credit your account but A) they don't have to, B) they might not and C) it won't happen very quickly, if they do. The only other option is to have your grandad authorize his computer to your account and provide him the card code. He'll sign on to your account on his computer, redeem the card and gift you the content you would have bought. This of course means that you have to know your user name and password and that you don't already have five computers authorized to your account.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment