Thursday, January 23, 2014

What should we get my sister for Xmas?

gift for her xmas
 on Christmas Gift Ideas for Her 2013
gift for her xmas image



Nikki B


So we're planning on giving her the Mac we promised her for her bday which was in November, but we want to make it a combined gift for Xmas. What should we get her? She's really into creative writing and acting. I'm trying to figure out something to get her that would go well with the Mac but that has to do with something she likes. Thanks guys! By the way, she's 17 years old.


Answer
An audio/mp3 bible so you can feed your soul with God's Word when on the go or when too tired to read.

What should I do about buying gifts for Xmas at this late stage in the game?




Dreamer


I have had many unpleasant experiences trying to buy people nice gifts for Xmas over the years, and now buying gifts for people is a very unhappy experience for me. When I was a child, my mother and I used to buy gifts for my father for Xmas and his birthdays, and nearly every time he would return them to the store in order to buy something "better."

Now I hate Xmas shopping, and even though I've received some nice gifts over the years, I feel resentment about the way my father behaved when he was given something from my mother and me. My parents are visiting my house for a few days, and I know that they've probably bought me a few things, but I don't know what to do about it because I haven't bought anybody anything.

Honestly, I'd prefer to get nothing at all. I wish this holiday wasn't about having to "buy" people crap every year. It makes me feel inadequate just like I felt like when I was a child.

I'm a 37 year old man and have no children or wife.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Honestly, just the thought of it makes me really sad and depressed.



Answer
I can relate, but you need to forget about what happened so long ago. You can call Mom, and ask her to give you some ideas (stores are open late). Just leave the tags on whatever you get, mark out the price, and put the receipt under the items. *Please pay with cash, as the stores will only give them a gift card if they return these, and they'll be stuck trying to find something in that store for who knows how long. This happened to me on my birthday, and it took me almost a year to find anything! It was annoying!

Or get them each a nice card, and, if you're able, put some cash in each card so they can each buy themselves something they like. Please don't get gift cards; they're so limiting, and stores make money on people not being able to spend these. Plus, take them out to dinner or fix dinner for them.

Next year, ask Mom (before December) to give you a list of things they each might want or need, so you have time to get them each something.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment